Why won't anyone help with this system of ours??

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
gradius_fanatic
With us: 18 years 10 months

Why won't anyone help with this system of ours??

Post #1by gradius_fanatic » 02.01.2006, 23:42

I've waited for weeks for someone to help me and user "Planet X" in creating a fictional system based on a videogame called "Gradius III". Doesn't anyone have any interest??

buggs_moran
With us: 20 years

Post #2by buggs_moran » 02.01.2006, 23:53

I am afraid I was not a part of the supernintendo generation... Can you be more specific on what you need help with? Orbits, textures, etc...
Homebrew:
WinXP Pro SP2
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 3000/333 2.16 GHz
1 GB Crucial RAM
80 GB WD SATA drive
ATI AIW 9600XT 128M

Planet X
With us: 19 years 6 months

Post #3by Planet X » 03.01.2006, 18:18

Spaceship textures and asteroid models (ones that look like Easter Island heads) are the biggest problem right now. Any help in those areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

J P

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Re: Why won't anyone help with this system of ours??

Post #4by t00fri » 03.01.2006, 19:01

gradius_fanatic wrote:I've waited for weeks for someone to help me and user "Planet X" in creating a fictional system based on a videogame called "Gradius III". Doesn't anyone have any interest??

I am afraid you are mainly attending the "wrong show".

Celestians are mostly not videogamers and Celestia is much too SOPHISTCATED an engine to serve merely as a background for video games.

You probably have NO idea whatsoever about the amount of work that went into merging ultimate astro-mechanical precision with spectacular 3d graphics in Celestia's code.

Personally I don't care what people want to do with Celestia. This was merely a short explanation attempt why only a minority of Celesltians is presumably interested in your project...

Bye Fridger

buggs_moran
With us: 20 years

Post #5by buggs_moran » 04.01.2006, 03:13

Planet X wrote:Spaceship textures and asteroid models (ones that look like Easter Island heads) are the biggest problem right now. Any help in those areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

J P

Best thing I can tell you is to get a copy of 3ds (they have an educational version that is around $80 US I believe. It is a VERY powerful program. Otherwise, on the cheap, you could download blender or anim8or, little less intense but definitely learnable (and free). Also, you will need a copy of GIMP for textures. I find that most of what I have learned was through experimentation. There are many free textures and models out there, just make sure you give credit when using them... I found some easter island head models out there through google, but they were not free. I don't know if Celestia is really the best program for all this though... depending on your goal, maybe Orbiter would suit you better.
Homebrew:

WinXP Pro SP2

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

AMD Athlon XP 3000/333 2.16 GHz

1 GB Crucial RAM

80 GB WD SATA drive

ATI AIW 9600XT 128M

Planet X
With us: 19 years 6 months

Post #6by Planet X » 04.01.2006, 13:41

Buggs_moran, thanks for telling me about those programs. I'll see what I can find. Later!

J P

Return to “Add-on development”