AZTEC CITY

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
Juan Marino
With us: 19 years 5 months

AZTEC CITY

Post #1by Juan Marino » 10.05.2005, 04:21

AZTEC CITY

The Aztecs felt great preoccupation by the harmony of the cosmos.

The direction Greater Temple of Tenochtitlan was so that at the time of rains, the sun left to a side of the Temple of Tlaloc, and at the time of summer, left to a side of the Temple of Huitzilopochtli.

During both equinoxes, the sun left in means of both temples and aimed exactly towards the Temple of Quetzalc??atl, the main God of the culture tolteca and that according to the legend, someday would have to return.

tenochtitlan.ssc (only Celestia 1.3.2)

Code: Select all

# copy and paste this code into notes bloc and save as tenochtitlan.ssc
# save in C:\Program files\Celestia\extras

"Mexico" "Sol/Earth"
{
Class "city"
Mesh "az_city.3ds"
Radius 0.5
LongLat [-99.14 19.43 0.1]
Orientation [125.3 -24.2 35.5 45]
RotationOffset 166
Color [ 0 0 0 ]
Albedo 0.0001
}
Last edited by Juan Marino on 25.08.2005, 04:41, edited 9 times in total.

Brendan
With us: 20 years 11 months

Post #2by Brendan » 10.05.2005, 06:47

Nice! 8) I got more buildings from 3dcafe and will try adding them.

Ariane

Post #3by Ariane » 10.05.2005, 08:52

Whaou ! 8O
Pretty nice ! since my discovery of Celestia, I'm looking for such addons ... and Hignt quality texture in that area, in order to zoom in and see all the aztec temples .... but I must wait a little more for that :wink:
Thank you very much ! :D
all the best....
Last edited by Ariane on 10.05.2005, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Sirius A
"Comes one morning when any man wonder about the meaning of its destiny : <Stars, say why ?> and the Heaven answered <why not ?>" -Hank Mc Coy, XMen-

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #4by selden » 10.05.2005, 11:03

Juan,

Thanks!!!

Another possible addition would be to have InfoURLs for each of the buildings. Or maybe even a second model that labelled the buildings. Or a latitude and longitude grid, or....

;)
Selden

Ariane

Post #5by Ariane » 10.05.2005, 12:08

Another possible addition would be to have InfoURLs for each of the buildings. Or maybe even a second model that labelled the buildings. Or a latitude and longitude grid, or....

Yes ... !
Nice suggestions...I see with pleasure that there are very interesting ideas here ! :D
Sirius A

"Comes one morning when any man wonder about the meaning of its destiny : <Stars, say why ?> and the Heaven answered <why not ?>" -Hank Mc Coy, XMen-

Jeam Tag M
With us: 21 years 3 months

Re: DOWNLOAD AZTEC CITY

Post #6by Jeam Tag » 10.05.2005, 12:43

Very nice Juan, thanks for this, I like very well the precolombian cities...
You may upload a package (Tenochtitlan folder with readme/info file, tenochtitlan.ssc file+ models folder with the .3ds in it) to the Motherlode site too, yes?
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

Ariane

Post #7by Ariane » 10.05.2005, 14:07

Very nice Juan, thanks for this, I like very well the precolombian cities...
You may upload a package (Tenochtitlan folder with readme/info file, tenochtitlan.ssc file+ models folder with the .3ds in it) to the Motherlode site too, yes?

Very good idea ! :idea:
For the beginner user like me it's more easy to download and install in Celestia... :wink:
Sirius A

Ariane

Re: AZTEC CITY (Tour & Download)

Post #8by Ariane » 24.08.2005, 19:37

Juan Marino wrote:AZTEC CITY

The direction Greater Temple of Tenochtitlan was so that at the time of rains, the sun left to a side of the Temple of Tlaloc, and at the time of summer, left to a side of the Temple of Huitzilopochtli.

During both equinoxes, the sun left in means of both temples and aimed exactly towards the Temple of Quetzalc??atl, the main God of the culture tolteca and that according to the legend, someday would have to return.[/size]

Hi Juan !

I would have to know where I can download the Tenochtitlan models folder with the .3ds texture
I try to find any link in those posts but I can't see anyone... is there any problem with my browser ?

Thanks for the reply and moreover thank you very much for all your aztec addon (I like very much the AZTEC flare texture ! :D )

Best regards
Sirius A

Topic author
Juan Marino

Post #9by Juan Marino » 25.08.2005, 05:17

Hello Ariane:

I had a link to az_city, but, this model is Copyright 3d Cafe, due to this, i deleted it, also i??ve done a request to 3d Cafe for a manipulation of the model due to some errors, but still i don??t have an answer.

Although i??ve this problem, also i??ve done a nice job in progress

:oops: sorry by my bad english!!
Last edited by Juan Marino on 19.11.2005, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Ariane

Post #10by Ariane » 25.08.2005, 06:48

Juan Marino wrote:Hello Ariane:

I had a link to az_city, but, this model is Copyright 3d Cafe, due to this, i deleted it, also i??ve done a request to 3d Cafe for a manipulation of the model due to some errors, but still i don??t have an answer.

Hi Juan !
Oh ! Ok, now I understand what happened !
I hope you will have an answer soon ! and thanks to this now I know what 3D Cafe Is ! I see this name in previous mails but don't realy understand what it deal with ...! :D

Although i??ve this problem, also i??ve done a nice job in progress:

1. Old Lake Extinguished (Texcoco Lake dried due to spaniard ambition in year 1521)

2. Tenochtitlan city

Before (1521) - Texcoco Lake + Tenochtitlan

.......But you can find this model (and others) here[/size]

Whaoo ! 8O
Nice job ! thank you very much for the link !

:oops: sorry by my bad english!!

No ! noway, your english is perfect ! Mine is worst than yours, h?© h?© :D

Thanks for all,

Regards
Sirius A

Return to “Add-on development”