Star Wars-Queen Amidala's Starship-some work needed

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
ziggy
With us: 21 years 3 months

Star Wars-Queen Amidala's Starship-some work needed

Post #1by ziggy » 31.05.2005, 23:54

Hi All,
Just back from seeing the film, I discovered I can do a passable impression of Darth Vader's voice with the assistance of an empty plastic drink bottle, but I just don't seem to have the necessary patience to make things in Animator, (just been looking at the impressive Tin-Tin model here).
There are some lovely (including 3ds) models here, http://scifi3d.theforce.net/list.asp?in ... ntCatID=12
I'd love to have the Queens ship going around Coruscant; would anyone care to devise an ssc and sort out the model so it works? I've had a go but the Dark Side began to beckon...
Also the Pod racers would look great in some various low orbits around Tatoine, anyone spare the time?
regards Z

ps I was being sarcastic in the thread, http://www.celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15
out of order here, and I apologise to the guy that wanted to know how he could make a difference for the Celestial host, one of my faults I'm sorry, somtimes I can't help it. :roll:
Last edited by ziggy on 01.06.2005, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 4 months

Post #2by ElChristou » 01.06.2005, 00:07

ziggy wrote:Also the Pod racers would look great in some various low orbits around Tatoine, anyone spare the time?

If you can get the permission from the authors to use their models, why not...

The Amidala spaceship is a real problem, as the silvered texture (reflexive) cannot be rendered in Celestia...

Jeam Tag M

Post #3by Jeam Tag » 01.06.2005, 08:07

I have always spoke about a 'Sta Wars Saga' for Celestia that is on the way by Jean-Marie le Cosp?©rec
See http://jeam.tag.free.fr/CELESTIAhtml/Ce ... rWars7.htm and the following pages for some pics of the work in Progress...
JMLC has finished a beta packs of the 'Episode I'
(there are some little bugs in it, and the scripts (in French) are not very readable, I'll try to correct them when I'll have time) and send the packs (one for the Episode I, another with some hires dds textures of the worlds -both 450Mb) to the Celestia Motherlode... It seems to me it must be repackaged better before an upload in the CML: Do the guys of CML have a look into the addon?
There are in it many, many meshes adaptated for Celestia, coming from 3Dcafe and other site, were are free for NON-COMMERCIAL use, but they are credited, in the SW pack.
Some new picts I havn't upload yet in the pages I pointed:
Hope the revised pack will be avaible soon in CML, JMLC is on the way to finish episodes II, IV, V & VI... the III will be make quite later. Jeam
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 4 months

Post #4by ElChristou » 01.06.2005, 11:18

Seems pretty cool... Nice work... Is Jean-Marie le Cosp?©rec a menber of the community?

Jeam Tag M

Post #5by Jeam Tag » 01.06.2005, 12:36

ElChristou wrote:Seems pretty cool... Nice work... Is Jean-Marie le Cosp?©rec a menber of the community?
It seems to me, but he is not sure about is english speaking to write here for the moment... he has joined the little French forum [see my sig] and I hope we can discuss with him about little corrections in some .ssc and script files, testing his great works by different configs, etc: there are many little adjustements to do, his goal is to place models to present (script) a little sumary of the episode(s)
Conclusions and infos will be report here. Not very soon, Alas, he was off-line for a little time. Jeam
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

Topic author
ziggy

Post #6by ziggy » 01.06.2005, 22:09

Hi all,
El Christou wrote
If you can get the permission from the authors to use their models, why not...
To me this goes without saying; when I visited the site, there was a page that to my understanding gave a general consent to the personal (ie non -commercial or otherwise exploitative) use of the materials posted on that site, provided the authors were suitably credited for their work
So could the Star ship be rendered another way, is the basic mesh not a good bit of what is needed?
The "Saga" stuff looks very interesting, I await eagerly, in the meantime there is already Tatoine etc, is it not possible to make a simpler thing, without all the palaces and so on,
mtfbwy
z

Return to “Add-on development”