Miremion System: New version

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
kikinho
With us: 19 years 9 months

Miremion System: New version

Post #1by kikinho » 27.02.2005, 18:01

Hi people!

I've decided to delete the old Miremion add-on from Celestia Motherlode to do a new and better version with more planet and moons and improved surface maps. The new version of Miremion now have a big nebula near the system. I've also modified some planet and moon names.

Go to http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=enio to see all the informations of the new version of Miremion System.

Enjoy! 8) :D

Ps: In my forum you can register and do new posts if you want. And I'll always add more informations and pictures of my Miremion add-on in there.
One day we will swim in the subsurface ocean of Europa and take shower in ethane lakes of Titan.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #2by kikinho » 27.02.2005, 23:29

You can now post in my site. :)

What's your opinion/sugetion?
One day we will swim in the subsurface ocean of Europa and take shower in ethane lakes of Titan.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #3by kikinho » 27.02.2005, 23:37

Now I've put images of my system. They're big and beautiful. You can't forget to see it. 8)

Evil Dr Ganymede
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #4by Evil Dr Ganymede » 28.02.2005, 00:47

Those are pretty nice pictures! Good work!

Topic author
kikinho

Post #5by kikinho » 28.02.2005, 02:31

I put a new forum. This forum shows the informations and a big picture of Hidraxeniandis, the intelligent beings of Hidraxenian.

And Evil Dr. Ganymede,

What is your opinion for not only the pictures, but for the planet informations and the alien race? Was good, bad, interesting...? :)
Last edited by kikinho on 03.03.2005, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #6by kikinho » 28.02.2005, 02:42

I thought that is a good idea to show all people here the Hidraxeniandis alien race from my site:

In my site I'll add informations about them.

Cool image or boring?

Give me some opinions, please. :D
Last edited by kikinho on 03.03.2005, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #7by kikinho » 28.02.2005, 03:15

I put informations about Hidraxeniandis in my forum. For me the informations look like to be cool.
Last edited by kikinho on 03.03.2005, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #8by kikinho » 28.02.2005, 21:28

I've uploaded Miremion add-on to celestiamotherlode. Now only have to wait to appear in my creators folder, than I'll put a link here so you can download it.
Ah, and I forgot to say that the texture files are in medres folder and are in .jpg and .png format. The major pictures are about 1K, some of them are 2K and few textures are 4K. And also have good asteroidal models. This make this first part of my add-on to have a size of ~97,5Mb to ~102Mb.
It's coming! Wait a little more and you'll see one of the best add-ons ever. It's the most beautiful add-on that I've done until now in Celestia. And the second part that I'm starting doing now will have more interesting planets and moons. 8)

Topic author
kikinho

Post #9by kikinho » 01.03.2005, 16:19

I've cleaned this post because this old version has many bugs. And I don't want people continue downloading a file with bugs, so you now have to wait to appear a new link. Please delete my add-on from your computer, because the new Miremion add-on will be even better and without these bugs.

Sorry for this. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :!: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by kikinho on 04.03.2005, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #10by kikinho » 01.03.2005, 23:49

Someone downloaded it? And if someone downloaded it, please give me some comments ( if it's beautiful, good art, bad, stupid, unrealistic... ).

I don't understand why my addons are not showed in celestiamotherlode fictional page. The files are only in the creators list. And my add-ons are so beautiful... :x :( :cry:

You can post your opinions in my site: http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=enio

Sky Pilot
With us: 19 years 7 months
Location: Moved recently from the Bihem System, now in Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Post #11by Sky Pilot » 02.03.2005, 16:53

Yes, I installed it. Very beautiful work, I must say. The only suggestions I have for improvement is first with your texture for Gonamandi. The texture is quite nice, but the brown areas are too stark, especially at their borders. I would suggest adding some texture to the brown areas and blending their borders into the surrounding terrain a bit.

Second, the dark side of the planets/moons are too dark, given that there's a honkin' big nebula in the night sky. There should be enough ambient light on the dark side of the planets to clearly see the surface texture.

But, nice job on the system! :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #12by selden » 02.03.2005, 18:43

Sky Pilot,

A quibble: real nebulas do not provide enough light to illuminate a planet. For example, there are quite a few nebulas in our night sky which are larger than the Moon in area, but they are so dim that they are essentially invisible to the naked eye.
Selden

Sky Pilot
With us: 19 years 7 months
Location: Moved recently from the Bihem System, now in Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Post #13by Sky Pilot » 02.03.2005, 19:29

selden wrote:Sky Pilot,

A quibble: real nebulas do not provide enough light to illuminate a planet. For example, there are quite a few nebulas in our night sky which are larger than the Moon in area, but they are so dim that they are essentially invisible to the naked eye.

Ohhhh, cool! Thanks for that, Selden. Are most nebulas really smaller than the moon? I always thought they were a light year across or more! Admitedly, I'm waaaaaay outside my area of expertise here. :o
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #14by selden » 02.03.2005, 19:44

Sky Pilot,

Sorry, I didn't mean that their diameters were smaller than the diameter of the Moon, but rather when you look at them using telescopes and long exposure photography, they cover large areas of the sky. Since they're much further away than the Moon is, they actually are much, much larger.

One example of a large nebula is the California Nebula (NGC1499), which is about 145' x 40'. The Moon is only 30' in diameter, a half of a degree.

Another is the North American Nebula (NGC 7000) which is about 176' x 110'.

The Orion Nebula (M42) is slightly more than a degree (60') on a side.

M31, the Andromeda Galaxy, is about 3 degrees long and 1 degree wide.

All of these large "bright" Nebulas are so dim that they're essentially invisible.
Selden

Topic author
kikinho

Post #15by kikinho » 03.03.2005, 00:02

Gonamandi brown areas are the ammonia/water ocean. The ocean is dark because it's very deep.

I have to say that I modified the Imariston planet name to Hidraxenian and the intelligent race to Hidraxeniandis. It's because the name Imariston is so uh... let's say... a bit ridiculous from my point of view. :?

I also modified the green vegetation surface of Imariston and Eristona to an aquamarine color, ( between green and blue ) because of the redder star light than our Sun.

I've modified the informations in the "About Miremion System.doc" file.

Eristona and Polinormia are now planets with some asteroidal moons. I also added some planets. Now it's ten planets. But Miremion's second part will have more planets and this time will have nearby stars.

I'm thinking of dividing this add-on into some parts. If the part has lower resolution maps, I'll put many planet maps on it. And parts with huge textures I'll put few planet maps.

Huh... but only Sky Pilot is interested in my add-on or other people also downloaded and saw it?
Last edited by kikinho on 03.03.2005, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #16by kikinho » 03.03.2005, 00:07

Gonamandi brown areas are the ammonia/water ocean. The ocean is dark because it's very deep.

I have to say that I modified the Imariston planet name to Hidraxenian and the intelligent race to Hidraxeniandis. It's because the name Imariston is so uh... let's say... a bit ridiculous from my point of view. :?

I also modified the green vegetation surface of Imariston and Eristona to an aquamarine color, ( between green and blue ) because of the redder star light than our Sun.

I've modified the informations in the "About Miremion System.doc" file.

Eristona and Polinormia are now planets with some asteroidal moons. I also added some planets. Now it's ten planets. But Miremion's second part will have more planets and this time will have nearby stars.

I'm thinking of dividing this add-on into some parts. If the part has lower resolution maps, I'll put many planet maps on it. And parts with huge textures I'll put few planet maps.

Huh... but only Sky Pilot is interested in my add-on or other people also downloaded and saw it?

Rocket Man
With us: 19 years 6 months

Post #17by Rocket Man » 03.03.2005, 00:59

Don't worry.

As I said in your froum I liked your Add-on. I am gald you make lower res textures. My computer graphics can only surrport up to spectrals.

Why did you repeat yourself twice though?
"Knowledge is truth of reality, Wisdom is the reality of the truth."
-Rocket Man

Topic author
kikinho

Post #18by kikinho » 04.03.2005, 21:38

I've updated not only the planetary informations but I've also modified to old pictures to more beautiful ones.

Go to http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=enio and see the modifications I did.

I did the modifications because in the next version of Miremion System, the system will be something different. Some moons are now planets.

I'll delete the old version file from celestiamotherlode and put a new one there.

The next version will be divided in many parts. Each part will have some planets and moons. It's because I think of people that have low internet speed so that can download parts of my add-on without waiting too much.

danielj
With us: 20 years 10 months

Post #19by danielj » 04.03.2005, 22:12

I unzip the Miremion part1 addon,but the BCelestia don??t work because a dll file is missing.(libpng1.dll).
I tried in Celestia 1.4.0 pre6 and Celestia 1.3.2
Is there another way besides this BCelestia?
The message is (in portuguese):
"Este aplicativo n??o p??de ser iniciado porque n??o foi encontrado libpng1.dll.A reinstala?§??o do aplicativo pode corrigir o problema."

Topic author
kikinho

Post #20by kikinho » 04.03.2005, 23:11

I'll do the following: In the next version of this add-on, I'll include all files needed to this Bcelestia. The first part of my add-on will have this Bcelestia.

Each part you'll download you'll have to overwrite the Miremion.ssc file. If you download parts, you'll have a more and more complete system.

Return to “Add-on development”