My new add-on : Miremion system

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
kikinho
With us: 20 years

My new add-on : Miremion system

Post #1by kikinho » 21.02.2005, 02:48

Hi people!

I'm doing a new system called Miremion System. Miremion is a K2V star with many planets, more than our solar system. I've done 2 of them and there's a planet I'm still doing now. This planet I'm doing now is a gas dwarf with some satelites and large rings, like Saturn. One of them look like Titan, but it's about the same size of Mars! 8) Later I'll do a Venus-like planet that have sulfuric acid lakes. 8)

I'll do my addon like Micheal Kilderry, dividing it in some packages of .zip files. My first package will be realized I think next week and it'll have 4 planets and some satelites. Later I'll add more planets and upload more packages.

I'll show some pictures of Miremion planets on Friday or Saturday.
One day we will swim in the subsurface ocean of Europa and take shower in ethane lakes of Titan.

Michael Kilderry
With us: 19 years 11 months

Post #2by Michael Kilderry » 21.02.2005, 05:13

Another interesting addon. :D

With the packages, currently my addons aren't split into separate .zip files, but what I think you mean is that you are going to put a work in progress version of your addon and then update it when you make more stuff for it until you can consider it finished, which is nice for people who just can't wait to download new addons, like I've done.

The first upload of my Proxima Cenaturi addon may take some time, as I'll wait until my next upgraded computer is ready, but it'll get to the Celestia community eventually. :wink:

Are you ready to put out any screenshots of your planets? They sound intriguing. 8O

Michael Kilderry :)
My shatters.net posting milestones:

First post - 11th October 2004
100th post - 11th November 2004
200th post - 23rd January 2005
300th post - 21st February 2005
400th post - 23rd July 2005

First addon: The Lera Solar System

- Michael

Topic author
kikinho

Post #3by kikinho » 21.02.2005, 10:04

I think you mean is that you are going to put a work in progress version of your addon and then update it when you make more stuff for it until you can consider it finished, which is nice for people who just can't wait to download new addons, like I've done.

Yes, It's true. I'll do the same way you did.

Are you ready to put out any screenshots of your planets? They sound intriguing.

You won't believe this, but my parents don't allow me to use the computer during the week, only Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's because I use the computer so much that I remain hours sit in front of the computer, and it's bad for my eyes. They control me. And I can't say no. For this reason I can't post images, only if I have lucky to be alone in my apartment when they're out. In this case I'll post the images. But the images are going to be cool.
One day we will swim in the subsurface ocean of Europa and take shower in ethane lakes of Titan.

Michael Kilderry

Post #4by Michael Kilderry » 21.02.2005, 10:20

kikinho wrote:You won't believe this, but my parents don't allow me to use the computer during the week, only Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's because I use the computer so much that I remain hours sit in front of the computer, and it's bad for my eyes. They control me. And I can't say no. For this reason I can't post images, only if I have lucky to be alone in my apartment when they're out. In this case I'll post the images. But the images are going to be cool.

I believe it, I'm only a teenager myself. I was wondering why you weren't posting in the forum much lately. I know the feeling :roll: .

Maybe you'll get a chance to upload the images on the weekend when you are allowed to.

- Michael

Topic author
kikinho

Post #5by kikinho » 21.02.2005, 17:44

Here are some images of Miremion planets.

Iemariston, an Earth-like planet:

Ramarikamira, the colonized moon of Iemariston with a spherical spaceship near it:

Gonamandi, with oceans of ammonia:

Bargsvegma, the gas dwarf:

Hope you liked it.

Now I'm doing the textures of some satelites and later I'll do a Venus-like world.
Last edited by kikinho on 22.02.2005, 21:25, edited 3 times in total.

Rocket Man
With us: 19 years 8 months

Post #6by Rocket Man » 21.02.2005, 19:31

Do you have a 3d modeler? If you do, you could design ships with your system.

http://www.mindspring.com/~seankunkle/id23.html
(These are only my basic models. I hope to add real-like hull textures and make more real looking.)

And use Toti's .XYZ script to make make yours ships explore and advance through your systems. That would be a good addition. But that your chioce.

http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_creator_details.php?creator_id=77

What program did you use for your textures?[/img]
"Knowledge is truth of reality, Wisdom is the reality of the truth."
-Rocket Man

Topic author
kikinho

Post #7by kikinho » 21.02.2005, 20:53

I use Photoshop 7.0 and I think all spaceships will be spherical, because it's very different than our spaceships

Topic author
kikinho

Post #8by kikinho » 22.02.2005, 02:23

Venumiran, a Venus-like planet with sulphuric acid seas.

Now i'll do some more textures of some moons and add some asteroids and comets that the first part of my add-on will be finished and ready for upload.

Michael Kilderry

Bargsvegma

Post #9by Michael Kilderry » 22.02.2005, 05:15

That Bargsvegma gas dwarf must be pretty massive to have such a large ring system! Good idea though, it does make it look unusually small for a gas planet.

Last edited by Michael Kilderry on 23.02.2005, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

- Michael

Topic author
kikinho

Post #10by kikinho » 22.02.2005, 16:59

Yes, the gravity of Bargsvegma is very high and unused to such small gas planet. It's because the core is very dense.
Last edited by kikinho on 22.02.2005, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #11by kikinho » 22.02.2005, 17:42

I've added information to the textures. The informations are above inside the images.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #12by kikinho » 22.02.2005, 21:31

Here more images:

Eristona, the moon of Gonamandi.

I modified Berdaland name to Bargsvegma.

Polinormia, a Titan-like moon of Bargsvegma.

And now the radius of Ramarikamira is 1535 km.

I'm just finishing the add-on, only lasts more asteroids and some comets.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #13by kikinho » 22.02.2005, 23:32

I've just uploaded Miremion_part1.zip to celestiamotherlode now. Now you have to wait to my add-on appear in http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/creators/kikinho

Topic author
kikinho

Post #14by kikinho » 24.02.2005, 21:37

I've added two more planets and some moons. I've changed some planets. For example: I've changed the water color to greenish and the atmosphere to a greenish color. Gonamandi atmosphere is also changed to blue/orange sky. There's now an electrical planet with strange colored clouds, that look like aurorae. The first part of my add-on will be updated, fixed and is going to be better.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #15by kikinho » 24.02.2005, 22:43

My surface maps are also getting better. Iemariston has the largest surface maps 4096x2048 PNG, and the other planets and moons are 2048x1024 PNG. I'm thinking of turning Gonamandi textures into 2048x1024 to 4096x2048 PNG and it's moon. Also thinking of improve Eletribora maps. This add-on will be certainly one of the most beautiful and strange surface maps add-ons. 8)

Topic author
kikinho

Post #16by kikinho » 27.02.2005, 14:59

Chris,

Please delete this topic. It's because my Miremion add-on now is something different and I'm thinking of doing a new topic about this add-on. The new topic I'll do will have more accurate informations and images about the update of my add-on. And it's not fair putting two topics of the same add-on in the same Forum.

I'll be greatfull if you delete this topic.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #17by kikinho » 27.02.2005, 15:00

Chris,

Please delete this topic. It's because my Miremion add-on now is something different and I'm thinking of doing a new topic about this add-on. The new topic I'll do will have more accurate informations and images about the update of my add-on. And it's not fair putting two topics of the same add-on in the same Forum. :)

I'll be greatfull if you delete this topic. :D

Return to “Add-on development”