Babylon 5 Addons

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
bcelestia
With us: 20 years 5 months

Babylon 5 Addons

Post #1by bcelestia » 20.01.2004, 11:20

I have some ships from the TV series Babylon 5 available to download as addons on my site @ http://homepage.eircom.net/~bcelestia. The ships are all fully textured. Previews are available @ the site.

Currently the addons include:

Epsilon Eridani 3 (planet)
Babylon 5 Station
EA Thunderbolt Starfury
Whitestar
Bluestar
EA Nova Class Dreadnought
B. Lambe

mmarable
With us: 20 years 11 months

Post #2by mmarable » 20.01.2004, 12:18

Your link doesn't work because the period at the end of the sentence is included in the link.

It's trying to find /~bcelestia. instead of /~bcelestia

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Topic author
bcelestia

Post #3by bcelestia » 21.01.2004, 15:15

Oops...the correct link is http://homepage.eircom.net/~bcelestia

I've added these ships also

Narn GQuan Cruiser
Narn Frazi Fighter
B. Lambe

miket6065

those B5 mods,

Post #4by miket6065 » 22.01.2004, 02:19

I just got the B5 mods installed, nicely done. Hope you have more planned, maybe the Vorlon Planet Killer, then again the Shadow planet Killer would be massive. But don't know if a cloud can be created in the program.

MikeT

Post #5by guest » 03.02.2004, 05:03

Hey bcelestia! Loved the B5 models! I see you've also included an Orion III from 2001 now as well, great! Any chance you'll get a model made or converted of the Nostromo from the first Alien movie? I downloaded Anim8tor and trying to learn it now, slow going since I've never worked with any 3D program before. Thanks for posting your models, makes Celestia that much better :-)

Topic author
bcelestia

Post #6by bcelestia » 03.02.2004, 12:56

Mike6065,

I have a few vorlon ships in lightwave format including the giant (45Km Long) planet killer. I will be attempting to convert them sometime in the future – getting the textures right for some of the more exotic Babylon 5 ships ain’t easy…

Guest,

I found and downloaded a Lightwave model of the Nostromo @ http://www.lwg3d.org/v3/index.htm . You have to become a member to access the Meshes. Anim8or will import Lightwave Meshes but unfortunately the Nostromo is in Lightwave V7.5 which Anim8or can’t handle yet. There are however several programs available on the Net which can do a conversion to 3DS – one is Accutrans. Auto conversions usually produce fairly good results but you will probably have to do a certain amount of fixing to correct conversion errors. Also you will have to apply the textures with Anim8or.

In the meantime I have a bunch of Star Wars Models already converted including A,B,E,X,Y Wings, Milennium Falcon, Naboo Fighter & Tie Fighter Variants. Some kind of Dog Fight simulation would be nice, in an asteroid field maybe…….
B. Lambe

Return to “Add-on development”