The Life and Death of Stars - Educational Activity is ready

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
don
With us: 21 years 2 months

Post #21by don » 05.01.2004, 06:13

Techno wrote:I see the maker doesn't have the website up anymore :(

Hopefully this is just temporary!

Topic author
fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #22by fsgregs » 05.01.2004, 22:54

Hi all:

My website is down until the end of this week. My host is on vacation and he shut down his server.

:?

Till then

Frank

galileo
With us: 20 years 9 months

Post #23by galileo » 05.01.2004, 23:18

does anyone have a site they can mirror the files on?

don
With us: 21 years 2 months

Post #24by don » 06.01.2004, 05:55

I think someone had started to set-up a Celestia "Educational" site / page, no? Is that still in the works? Was that person going to host the site or just develop it?

-Don G.

danielj
With us: 21 years 1 month

Re: The Life and Death of Stars - Educational Activity is re

Post #25by danielj » 09.01.2004, 18:30

I downloaded only part A,and it works fine.But the star is twinkling,oscillating between the protostar texture and a bright white globe.Is it right?
Other thing,the protoplanet textures are not in the ssc file,only the specular in the VA Moon.
And finally,I went back to fsregs.org/celestia and the activity isn?t there anymore.There are only activities 3.2 and 4.2 available to download.Did you change the place?
Other thing,the zip file I download didn?t have any instructions;only the ssc,the models and some textures

Topic author
fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #26by fsgregs » 11.01.2004, 05:17

Daniel:

I have reorganized the Activity and its add-ons. It was temporarily removed from the site but is now back on it. The problem is with add-ons. Sometimes people get them from different sites and not everyone calls them by the same name. As such, it is possible I could provide an add-on of a black hole or some other object under one name, that was provided months ago by someone else under another name. Both may then appear in your extras folder and both will try to be loaded by Celestia in the same spot at the same time. This will cause the switching/flashing that you report. I suspect that you have two add-ons of the same object being drawn by Celestia in the same spot. One of them will have to be removed.

I have tried to improve this situation by re-organizing the add-ons I provide. I hate to suggest this, but open your extras folder, locate and delete all of the add-ons you previously downloaded as Activity 6.2, revisit my website and download, unzip and install them again. Make sure you unzip them directly into the Celestia main folder, NOT into the extras folder. Also, make sure you clean out your extras folder of any suspected duplicate add-ons, before you download this fresh set.

I hope this works.

Regards,

Frank

Return to “Add-on development”