Interior of the planets

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Cham M
With us: 20 years 5 months

Re: Interior of the planets

Post #221by Cham » 28.11.2008, 19:08

duds26 wrote:We need Alt(everything of a planet)

Simple suggestion to Chris : when defining an alternate texture SSC file, we could add the name of a script in the SSC commands. This script could then be displayed in the alternate sub-menu.
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #222by chris » 28.11.2008, 20:00

Cham wrote:
duds26 wrote:We need Alt(everything of a planet)

Simple suggestion to Chris : when defining an alternate texture SSC file, we could add the name of a script in the SSC commands. This script could then be displayed in the alternate sub-menu.

Something like that... We need a way to better integrate scripts with add-ons. Adding scripts to the selection popup menu would indeed be useful, but I think that it doesn't got far enough. We would also like a way to include scripts that aren't tied to a particular body, such as the tour scripts in Runar's Ran add-on.

--Chris

MKruer
With us: 21 years 8 months

Post #223by MKruer » 30.11.2008, 02:00

Chris, Is it possible to add an SVG overlay option for planets, and have it scale and shift position with the camera? I mentioned this once before, long ago. Instead of having to create a 3d model of the plants with their own textures and models, why not use a single SVG image to represent the interior of a planet. I created a quick mock up that you might find interesting. This way no matter what direction the planet is in, what way you are facing it, it rotation, the overlay would always be towards the camera.

I am attaching a relatively advanced SVG file SVG 1.1 compliant, that supports some cool effects. Unfortunately Firefox as well and IE are not fully SVG compliant yet so you might need to use the FREE program http://www.inkscape.org/ which is a SVG editor to see the effects. Right now the image is lacking the planet information because i am still missing information.

An onto planet information, Can someone help me with getting the correct information on the plants structure? I can been all over the web and I am getting some conflicting results on the composition of the Outer core. The Rest is I believe good See Attached
Planetcore5b.zip

BTW thank to Fenerit and Cham for inspiring me to do this.

Topic author
Fenerit M
With us: 17 years 2 months

Post #224by Fenerit » 30.11.2008, 13:58

MKruer wrote:

An onto planet information, Can someone help me with getting the correct information on the plants structure? I can been all over the web and I am getting some conflicting results on the composition of the Outer core. The Rest is I believe good See Attached
Planetcore5b.zip

BTW thank to Fenerit and Cham for inspiring me to do this.

Here there is a masterpiece on Theory of Earth. This textbook has LOTs of tables of all genres.

http://caltechbook.library.caltech.edu/14/
Never at rest.
Massimo

Return to “Add-on development”