Planned Solar System For Vega

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
Mr Noob
With us: 16 years 10 months

Planned Solar System For Vega

Post #1by Mr Noob » 03.09.2008, 14:52

Hi

It has been a long time since I posted here and this is because my secondary mouse or (ALPS Pointing Device For VAIO) has
broken and I rely on it very much to pan and zoom in Celestia due to the fact it has a "Mouse Nipple", a device that only needs a finger to navigate the cursor. However this post is telling you that my nightmares are over and that VAIO have found several answers as to what the problem is with my mouse. So I do not need to say goodbye to Celestia !! 8)

On a more positive note I am now able to create textures with great detail as I have learned not from just you but from myself... trial and error :). To complete my return to Celestia I am planning right now as we speak (on paper!) a solar system for Vega.

The solar system itself will be constantly updated too when its finished (like adding newly discovered moons or a comet :D).
Here is what is on my paperwork so far:

Vega I - Migrated Giant - The first planet to form in the Vega System, this world is slightly smaller than Neptune.
Vega II - Migrated Giant - The second planet to form in the Vega System, this world has a faint ring system and is the size of Neptune.
Vega III (a) and (b) - Double planet system - Formed 100 million years after the 2 giants. Both worlds are Martian Type worlds with thin clouds and perhaps Primitive Life. System has single asteroid moon orbiting.
Vega IV - Gas Giant - Saturn sized Gas Giant with an extensive ring system and over 20 moons.
Vega V - Gas Giant - Uranus sized Gas Giant with over 14 moons.
Vega VI - Ice Giant - Uranus sized Ice Giant with over 8 moons.
Vega VII - Dwarf Planet - Mercury sized frozen world with no known moons. Could be the remains of a core that belonged to a second Ice Giant. Also could be terraformed when Vega goes supergiant.
Vega's Disk (Vega Belt) - Asteroid Belt - Leftovers of debris from the Star's early history. Can form a Venus sized planet when pulled together.

Thats all... for now :) :) :)

Mr Noob
Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook
CPU: Intel Atom N270 1.66 GHz
Chipset: Intel 945GSE Express
Memory: 1GB DDR 2 533 SDRAM
HDD: 160GB 5400rpm
Graphics: Intergrated Intel 945GMA
Running: Celestia 1.6.0 (Windows)

Tuefish
With us: 17 years 4 months
Location: Just a little to the left of the middle of nowhere, Southern California, USA

Re: Planned Solar System For Vega

Post #2by Tuefish » 04.09.2008, 19:24

This sounds excellent. I eagerly await your addon.
"Over Seventy earths spinnin' round in the galaxy, and the meek have inherited not a one."
-Malcolm Reynolds

ajtribick
Developer
With us: 20 years 10 months

Post #3by ajtribick » 04.09.2008, 19:34

How well does your add-on fit with real predictions for a planetary system around Vega? There are after all several examples in the scientific literature predicting the properties of planets which would be required to explain the structure of the debris disk...

Milosz21
With us: 16 years 1 month

Post #4by Milosz21 » 26.09.2008, 20:25

Show some screens dude.

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #5by Rassilon » 19.10.2008, 00:36

haha you know this was the very first system I ever made for Celestia... Wasnt very good looking but I was so fascinated by this program back them that the very attempt of making planets kept me going for days on end to become better and better...

Cant wait to see what you come up with... Feel free to post some screens...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Return to “Add-on development”