New Hi/Low res sun textures....

Tips for creating and manipulating planet textures for Celestia.
Topic author
Rassilon
With us: 22 years 5 months

New Hi/Low res sun textures....

Post #1by Rassilon » 03.08.2002, 08:26

These will completely replace your current ones with 2048x1024 texes or if you have a voodoo or something 512 x 256 are included...The highres one has both where as the low res one has well you can figure that one out...

No screenies this time...Trust me you wont be dissapointed...I hope :mrgreen:

btw try using the flare I included otherwise you WILL be dissapointed...

Highres ~ 6 meg
http://cybermindtraveller.freewebspace.com/celestia/files/starshigh.zip

Lowres ~ 600k
http://cybermindtraveller.freewebspace.com/celestia/files/starslow.zip
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Azagoth
With us: 22 years 1 month

Post #2by Azagoth » 03.08.2002, 22:58

Excellent Rassilon, I especially like the new Flare effect. BTW I had the High Res pack and am really impressed with the difference (taking nothing away from the original).

When are you releasing the second part of the solar system pack, and what's in it??

Topic author
Rassilon

Post #3by Rassilon » 05.08.2002, 00:10

Thanks...the solar system I am holding off till celestia 1.25 is out as well as another system I have been working on..which needs stars to be added in order to work...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Topic author
Rassilon

Post #4by Rassilon » 02.09.2002, 18:58

Once again I updated the flare...no detail in this one at all and I must say I like this one personally better than all the others I have made...so I thought I would share...plus it hardly takes from the detail of the stars which is also a bonus when used with my sun textures...Enjoy!

Chris would it be possible to add to emissive objects these script commands?

FlareTexture "flare.jpg"
FlareColor [ 1 1 0 ]

or maybe to stc files...

Return to “Textures”