brushes and base textures by Astra

Tips for creating and manipulating planet textures for Celestia.
Topic author
trappistplanets
With us: 3 years 11 months

brushes and base textures by Astra

Post #1by trappistplanets » 29.01.2022, 16:44

"it may not be a Celestia addon but can certainly be used to create plenty of addons. Over the years i have gathered photos of many interesting surfaces. most of it could probably get better use from anyone who needs some nice planet like textures. so i present to you 5 gb of random photos of ice and rust and all the texture brushes i have used so far. i could keep it all to myself, but life is so busy, and i like to see what other people come up with. so have at it. use these as you like, i consider the work i have done here to be open source."
unknown.png

DOWNLOAD HERE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1PQhXaYq6_AOOzf__oHOO0ZfmFfTcDo/view?usp=sharing

(quote is directly from Astra, so credit Astra if you use, i have nothing to do with the development of this)
There is a limit to how far we can travel into the stars.
Owner of "The Grand Voyage" addon series
Collaborating with Dangerous_safety for the still developing Cer system

SevenSpheres
With us: 4 years 7 months

Post #2by SevenSpheres » 30.01.2022, 03:49

Now available here on DeviantArt as well (with the same public download link); since it was posted by the textures' author, the link in cubic's resources thread should probably be updated to point there.
My Addons: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19978 • Discord server admin
Celestia versions: 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.7.0, and some unofficial versions like Celestia-ED

Topic author
trappistplanets
With us: 3 years 11 months

Post #3by trappistplanets » 30.01.2022, 13:37

SevenSpheres wrote:Now available here on DeviantArt as well (with the same public download link); since it was posted by the textures' author, the link in cubic's resources thread should probably be updated to point there.
should i delete this topic than, now that its on DA?
There is a limit to how far we can travel into the stars.
Owner of "The Grand Voyage" addon series
Collaborating with Dangerous_safety for the still developing Cer system

SevenSpheres
With us: 4 years 7 months

Post #4by SevenSpheres » 30.01.2022, 18:06

No need to delete it
My Addons: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19978 • Discord server admin
Celestia versions: 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.7.0, and some unofficial versions like Celestia-ED

Return to “Textures”