Anyone have more StarWars Textures

Tips for creating and manipulating planet textures for Celestia.
Topic author
Darkmiss
With us: 21 years 10 months

Anyone have more StarWars Textures

Post #1by Darkmiss » 22.08.2002, 23:50

Im in the middle of collecting some star wars Planets at the moment

So far I have

: Endor and its orbiting Deathstar
: Tatooine
: Coruscant

anyone have any others for me, please
Last edited by Darkmiss on 24.08.2002, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

billybob884

Post #2by billybob884 » 23.08.2002, 00:21

Yah, more textures would be nice...

Mike M. :mrgreen:
Mike M.

TacoTopia!

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #3by Rassilon » 24.08.2002, 01:21

The person to ask or wait for a reply from is D. Edwards as I believe hes working on a Star Wars universe...Post some pictures if they exist to give us an idea of the ones your wanting...

btw Darkmiss where did you get the Deathstar texture? I might model one with the concave deathstar weapon intact complete with lighted nighttexture....I think that would look sweet ;)
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Azagoth
With us: 22 years 1 month

Post #4by Azagoth » 24.08.2002, 01:58

Rass,

Check out Bruckners' site, the download with the Deathstar is on there. It looks well cool with the reflective light. If I remember correctly it's called "Star Wars.zip", also there is coruscant as well.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Rassilon

Post #5by Rassilon » 24.08.2002, 02:36

Ahh thanks...Thats what happens when I take off for a month...lots of updates ;)
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

D.Edwards

RE: Star Wars?????

Post #6by D.Edwards » 24.08.2002, 02:55

What?
I never said I was working on a Star Wars Universe. I just found some textures and played with them one night to see what could be done witth them.
My present project is the Sci-Fi Future Sol system. Thats our solar system for those that are not aware of it. I have a new job so my time for working with Celestia has been cut way back. There aren't anymore late night sesions for me for a while. Only on friday and saturday nights and I have things that have to be done on the weekends so you can see where my time has gone. I haven't even been able to finish my update to my HD 28185 project. I have some new textures to replace the one that originaly came with it and I have the asteriod belt plugin that places an asteriod belt between the first and second planets in the system. As for the future solar system I have managed to ignite jupiter but I still need to find out how to place the flare around it. If anyone knows how to add the flare .jpg to objects other than stars please let me know how. I have started to move the earths contents around to the future positions but its going to take a while for it to look good or at least till I am happy with it. Mars is almost done. So that leaves the rest of the planets and moons to play with. If you have any ideas please pass them on to me.

Rassilon

Post #7by Rassilon » 24.08.2002, 02:56

btw that Death star model is beautiful! Kudos to the artist!!!

Chris please bring back nightlights for models! That would be the icing on the cake ;)

Ok I was gonna take a break from the computer but you people inspire me...I have returned hehe

Rassilon

RE: Star Wars?????

Post #8by Rassilon » 24.08.2002, 03:03

D.Edwards wrote:What?
I never said I was working on a Star Wars Universe. I just found some textures and played with them one night to see what could be done witth them.
My present project is the Sci-Fi Future Sol system. Thats our solar system for those that are not aware of it. I have a new job so my time for working with Celestia has been cut way back. There aren't anymore late night sesions for me for a while. Only on friday and saturday nights and I have things that have to be done on the weekends so you can see where my time has gone. I haven't even been able to finish my update to my HD 28185 project. I have some new textures to replace the one that originaly came with it and I have the asteriod belt plugin that places an asteriod belt between the first and second planets in the system. As for the future solar system I have managed to ignite jupiter but I still need to find out how to place the flare around it. If anyone knows how to add the flare .jpg to objects other than stars please let me know how. I have started to move the earths contents around to the future positions but its going to take a while for it to look good or at least till I am happy with it. Mars is almost done. So that leaves the rest of the planets and moons to play with. If you have any ideas please pass them on to me.

Well last time I was here you compiled a few worlds...Maybe universe is a little over discriptive ;)...Cant wait to see what you've done on the 2010 solar system...

On the flare...You will have to code it in as far as I know...Or replace jupiter as a star using a stc file... The problem with that is this may cause the other planets in the solar system to disappear...Not sure if chris will be fixing this in 1.2.5 when he releases it I suppose well find out ;)

D.Edwards

Off Topic But!!!

Post #9by D.Edwards » 24.08.2002, 09:03

There is one more problem with making jupiter into a star. Even when its set to emisive it will not illuminate the moons in the system. Only light from the is shown. Did I miss something in the coding?

Topic author
Darkmiss

Post #10by Darkmiss » 24.08.2002, 09:20

Rassilon wrote:btw Darkmiss where did you get the Deathstar texture? I might model one with the concave deathstar weapon intact complete with lighted nighttexture....I think that would look sweet ;)

This would be exclent, looking forward to seeing this.. 8)
I would love to see it all lit up
Last edited by Darkmiss on 24.08.2002, 20:32, edited 2 times in total.

Sum0
With us: 22 years 3 months

Off Topic But!!!

Post #11by Sum0 » 24.08.2002, 09:32

D.Edwards wrote:There is one more problem with making jupiter into a star. Even when its set to emisive it will not illuminate the moons in the system. Only light from the is shown. Did I miss something in the coding?

Nope, afaik emissive only disables the darkside, it doesn't produce light. When I tried making Lucifer, I had to set the satellites to emissive as well, which got past some of the problem but just didn't look right, and besides, at some point in the orbit it's gonna go behind Jupiter and not be lit from "behind" (eg by the sun), if you know what I mean.
I suppose you could make a texture for the tidally-locked moons which is darker on the sun facing side and brighter on the Lucifer facing side... Alternatively you could make Lucifer a proper star... it wouldn't orbit but it'd solve some problems...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Rassilon

Off Topic But!!!

Post #12by Rassilon » 24.08.2002, 16:08

D.Edwards wrote:There is one more problem with making jupiter into a star. Even when its set to emisive it will not illuminate the moons in the system. Only light from the is shown. Did I miss something in the coding?

You've got mail!

Topic author
Darkmiss

Post #13by Darkmiss » 24.08.2002, 20:34

I thought Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan where here then..... :oops:

D.Edwards

RE: You've Got Mail!

Post #14by D.Edwards » 24.08.2002, 21:46

Hey Ras,
Mail received. I will check this out and mums the word on the goodies!

billybob884

Post #15by billybob884 » 24.08.2002, 23:37

You know what would be really cool, a version of the death star after it had already been blown up once; you know with a big chunk missing of it.

Mike M.

TacoTopia!

billybob884

Post #16by billybob884 » 25.08.2002, 02:46

If you found the right person, you could have him or her make models of like the x-wing, tie fighters, imperial star destroyers, etc... orbiting planets.

Mike M.

TacoTopia!

D.Edwards

RE: The Attachment!!

Post #17by D.Edwards » 25.08.2002, 08:43

Hey Ras,
Well I have tried using the file you sent me but to no avail. :? I can't use the the star browser to navigate without it crashing Celestia. I expect there are additional files that go with this so I will just have to wait until the real thing is ready. But thanks for trying to help. Maybe when 1.2.5 is ready I can continue my work. For now I will have to work on other things unless you can think of anything you have done different on your end. :wink:

Topic author
Darkmiss

RE: You've Got Mail!

Post #18by Darkmiss » 25.08.2002, 10:26

D.Edwards wrote:Hey Ras,
Mail received. I will check this out and mums the word on the goodies!

Hey what you guys hideing 8O tell us, tell us :D

Topic author
Darkmiss

Post #19by Darkmiss » 25.08.2002, 10:28

billybob884 wrote:If you found the right person, you could have him or her make models of like the x-wing, tie fighters, imperial star destroyers, etc... orbiting planets.

All these models are already made in 3ds files
I saw a link to it on the force.net that had them

Ill look for it and post it here

here is a link to some more planets (but i dont know how to use them)
http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwar ... lanets.htm

And all the star wars craft you want http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwars/craft.htm
Last edited by Darkmiss on 25.08.2002, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Sum0
With us: 22 years 3 months

Post #20by Sum0 » 25.08.2002, 11:13

No, the death star with a chunk missing was the second death star! It was only half-built. When the Rebel Alliance blows up a Death Star, they don't leave anything behind... :D

The Star Wars (and other sci-fi) mesh site is http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/. Looks cool. I love 3D modelling, I "edited" a 757 into a mad futuristic space place with delta wings...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Return to “Textures”