Texture corruption

Tips for creating and manipulating planet textures for Celestia.
Topic author
horrgakx
With us: 21 years 10 months

Texture corruption

Post #1by horrgakx » 11.01.2003, 08:50

I've been getting texture corruption in both the previous and latest versions of Celestia. A condensed screenshot:

Not only does the light/shadow border look odd, but when I rotate the view the texture flickers.

I have the latest drivers for my LeadTek WinFast GeForce3 and also evey up to date patch for Win2k. I'm runnig DirectX 8.1.

Any ideas please?

mark02

Texture corruption

Post #2by mark02 » 18.01.2003, 03:33

You know, come to think of it I have had the same exact problem. I have created a customized planetary system around the star Rigel Kentaurus A, or Alpha Centauri A, and I noticed very odd features on my planetary textures identical to those exhibited in your Celestia version. It turns out that I had duplicated my .ssc extrasolar file of my planets, and had two versions in two different Celestia directories (I think), with both functional on one Celestia program. Do you think you may have duplicated your planetary data, textures and all? I'm not an expert on programming or anything, but somehow if you have two sets of data (especially texture data) applied and functioning on one Celestia program, your textures will behave oddly. If you do indeed have two sets of data, then simply delete the duplicated set, or however many sets you have, until there is a single set left. You might just want to check it out.

Topic author
horrgakx
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #3by horrgakx » 18.01.2003, 08:52

I think the problem was installing the new version over the old one. I then removed Celestia completely and did a clean install, which cured it.
Dave Wilson [FTOOC, MLR]

Return to “Textures”