compiling celestia

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
chronus
With us: 21 years 3 months

compiling celestia

Post #1by chronus » 11.08.2003, 15:24

Hi i was wondering if any one can help me, im having real problems trying to compile the latest version of celestia 1.3.0. im running debian woody 3.1 as my OS, ive been having alot of problems with the qt-mt version which i think ive sorted by getting the latest version from troltech and compiling it but now it fails on the kde headers and i have a feeling that these problems are linked?
ive also tried to compile it using the gtk option and autoconf complains about the jpeg decompression which doesn't fail if i use the kde option

im really stuck so any help would be gratefully received
chris

steffens

Re: compiling celestia

Post #2by steffens » 20.08.2003, 13:51

chronus wrote:im running debian woody 3.1 as my OS, ive been having alot of problems with the qt-mt version which i think ive sorted by getting the latest version from troltech and compiling it but now it fails on the kde headers and i have a feeling that these problems are linked?

Woody comes with KDE2, but you really need KDE3 (3.1?) for celestia. The easiest way to upgrade to KDE3.1 is to add some new sources to /etc/apt/sources.list , something like the following:

Code: Select all

deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main

and then do an "apt-get update". I don't know out of my head if an "apt-get upgrade" will upgrade to the new KDE-version afterwards, I think I had to do some steps manually. This will also install packages for QT3. Be sure to install kdelibs4-dev and kdebase-dev to be able to compile kde apps.

Hope that helps,

steffens

Return to “Development”