celestia ED+ 2.0.1 full designed installer

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
sacreldar
With us: 15 years 3 months

celestia ED+ 2.0.1 full designed installer

Post #1by sacreldar » 01.02.2009, 19:10

these is for who hates all the addon-install ways ....
i have maded a installer for all of these celestia motherlode addons included whit the program directly . excepted that the siencefiction things not included in these install .
but there are many thing to do with celestia ................

127 extra's
160 model's
2.38gigabytes textures
113 scripts
educational extra's
educational activities
activity shortcuts
activity cells
included microsoft wordviewer (for read the educational activities).

you can believe me all works !!!!

follow the link below (this is a 2,68 gigabytes torrent standing by the pirate bay)
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4694560 torrentname; CELESTA-ED+ 2.0.1 full designed installer

ANDREA
With us: 21 years 11 months

Re: celestia ED+ 2.0.1 full designed installer

Post #2by ANDREA » 01.02.2009, 19:55

Sorry for the stupid question but, exactly, what does it do? :?
Can you explain in detail, please?
Tks a lot.
Bye

Andrea :D
"Something is always better than nothing!"
HP Omen 15-DC1040nl- Intel® Core i7 9750H, 2.6/4.5 GHz- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+ 1TB SATA 6 SSD- 32GB SDRAM DDR4 2666 MHz- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB-WIN 11 PRO

Osprey
With us: 15 years 8 months

Post #3by Osprey » 01.02.2009, 20:41

omg, and why use .exe, maybe because you want inject some trojan or s. e. hehe

Topic author
sacreldar
With us: 15 years 3 months

Post #4by sacreldar » 02.02.2009, 17:56

first ; this install-file don't have trojans are other virus elements
second;i don't now how to create virustrojans and i hate it , therefore why should i take it in my installers .
trojans and virusses are created by the developpers of viruscheckers itself .

the answer on your question ; this instal for you de' celestia ED " whit all the motherlode addons without the sience-fiction addons complete in one installer to your computer
you don't have to do the addon installs from the motherlode-site , because they are all-in by the celestia ED+2.0.1
it is just maded for all who have no time or experience to install the addons .
this one do it for you directly .
click on the exe and follow the installer it takes a lot of time because the program wil at the end gives you 2,68gigabytes celestia-materials .

so i hope that you now what you know about !

sacreldar

Reiko
With us: 17 years 7 months

Post #5by Reiko » 02.02.2009, 23:02

That's a good idea putting all the addons into an .exe with celestia. When you are new to celestia it can be confusing at first on how to install addons so this should be helpful. :)

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 7 months

Post #6by fsgregs » 03.02.2009, 00:55

Sacreldar:

As the motherlode education page explains, :o a fully functional Celestia151-ED educational installer is already available on CD and DVD on my website http://gregs-educational.info. Just pop it in your CD or DVD drive, and the entire Celestia151-ED set is effortlessly installed in all the correct places. No downloading or unzipping is required. Although I ask a modest fee for home use to help me cover the cost of making the DVD, mailing it, and providing some very very modest compensation for all of the time it took me to write and assemble these activities over the last 4 years, it does exactly what your installer does.

Since I released Celestia151-ED under GNU license on the motherlode, I have no real problem with you packing it all up into a torrent installer file, but I must insist that the written activities within it are copyrighted. I see that your torrent file is free and that is OK, but please be aware that this file cannot be sold for profit without my permission.

Thanks

Frank

Osprey
With us: 15 years 8 months

Post #7by Osprey » 03.02.2009, 08:52

trojans and virusses are created by the developpers of viruscheckers itself .
yes, indeed ^)

Maybe its my problem with my phobia of win virus... If it clean then its a good work for new celestia win users. but imho, it more usefull will be if only addons will be merged into one torrent (some archive for others users).

Btw, some nebular have 2-3 addons as I remember, how to decide (and how you decide in this work) which is better?

P.S. celestia can not unload unused data (model, textures...) so memory you need a bit more if you wish to visit all cel univeerse in single session :)

Return to “Development”