Building Mac OS X version with XCode under Panther

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Falck
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #41by Falck » 07.02.2004, 02:38

Following alphap1us's instructions, everything seems to compile fine, but I get an error on linking.

Type Message Location
Error Undefined symbols: macosx:0
Warning warning suggest use of -bind_at_load... macosx:0

An executable is generated, but its only 372kb on the disk, whereas the release version is 2MB.

Clicking the errors opens up the macosx directory under celcvs in finder. I switched libstdc++.a to point to the one under GCC 3.3. Im new to XCode and Project Builder.

Does anyone have any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Also, is there a reason that a .xcode or .pbproj file on the CVS server cant be made to work directly off of the server?

edit:

forgot to mention...
Xcode 1.1, OS X 10.3.2, 1.8GHz Single G5, 256MB RAM

rjcraig
With us: 20 years 6 months

Further Xcode build-related...

Post #42by rjcraig » 09.03.2004, 01:13

With source files finked last night around 9:30 (JST), I got the following errors:

macosx:0: table of contents for archive: lib/liblua.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
macosx:0: table of contents for archive: lib/liblualib.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
macosx:0: table of contents for archive: lib/libpng.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)

3dsmesh.cpp: In member function `void Mesh3DS::render(float)':
90: error: `Normals' undeclared (first use this function)
90: error: `Colors' undeclared (first use this function)
3dsmesh.cpp: In member function `void Mesh3DS::render(unsigned int, float)':
109: error: `Multipass' undeclared (first use this function)
113: error: `VertexProgParams' undeclared (first use this function)

ranlib cleared the first 3; the last 4 have me stumped, since they're all declared in the included header files.

Extreme C++ novice here; no need to be gentle!

--Ron

[March 21 edit/addendum]

Uhm, it's been over a week and no response. Just curious, is the question so basic it's beneath comment, or have I provided too little info on the problem?

Return to “Development”