Firefly?

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
Tuefish
With us: 17 years 4 months
Location: Just a little to the left of the middle of nowhere, Southern California, USA

Firefly?

Post #1by Tuefish » 03.03.2007, 03:33

Does anybody remember the show "Firefly"? I think a firefly addon for celestia would be awsome.
"Over Seventy earths spinnin' round in the galaxy, and the meek have inherited not a one."
-Malcolm Reynolds

Dollan
With us: 20 years 6 months

Post #2by Dollan » 03.03.2007, 04:44

I've actually been doing some off-the-cuff research for just such an add-on. Since it is done on my off-time, I haven't gotten much done yet, but pretty much what I know is that I'll have to rely on a majority of fan interpretations, since Whedon never really mapped out the system.

I'm leaning towards a multiple star system, simply to lend the tiniest bit of realism to the set up. There are a few diagrams out there which sketch this interpretation out.

...John...
"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe..."
--Carl Sagan

Topic author
Tuefish
With us: 17 years 4 months
Location: Just a little to the left of the middle of nowhere, Southern California, USA

Post #3by Tuefish » 06.03.2007, 03:25

I think a multiple-star system is the most logical choice, one of the main problems is finding 3d models for ships and such.
"Over Seventy earths spinnin' round in the galaxy, and the meek have inherited not a one."

-Malcolm Reynolds

Return to “Development”