Arc Nebula - Space Simulation (Fictional Game)

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
scratt
With us: 18 years 9 months

Arc Nebula - Space Simulation (Fictional Game)

Post #1by scratt » 28.04.2006, 10:47

For those of you that are interested I am making progress (in my limited spare time) on my fictional simulation.

This is the developement blog..
http://blog.arcnebula.com/

There is a short video demo of the new "Spaceship", "Bullet" and explosion "Fragment" Classes which are part of the new core stuff I need to add to Celestia to make real time interraction with objects in the Universe.
I am keeping it as modular as possible so others can use parts of it, and easilly integrate it into their projects too if they wish.

Feel free to comment on the blog, and do please visit from time to time.

There will also be a developement wiki soon.
I just need to find the time to document my code changes so that they are presentable. Then I will make the new classes I am introducing to Celestia available to everyone...

None of this would be possible without Celestia and Chris giving me his blessing to do this. Thanks to Chris specifically, and the Celestia community also.

I am also making use of lots of other Open Source resorces to bring enhanced graphics to this in later stages of the developement. One particularly of note is Ben Disco's Virtual Terrain Project, and it's supporting libraries. This will make real time generation of planet, moon and asteroid surfaces possible in Arc Nebula. So thanks to those guys too, and also to the many people behind OSG which is also a part of Arc Nebula.

This weekend I am working on gravity systems for the "universe's" objects, and also more of the Terrain code..

Feel free to visit and comment on what I am doing..

Thanks.
scratt

P.S. Those of you I have spoken to about models I would really love to discuss cooperation on some special models, and those I have not who would like to play.. Please get in touch with me.

Right now I need some space vehicles, missiles, space stations and explosion and fragment models / animations. Otherwise you'll have to keep looking at stuff I have made, or borrowed.. Right now explosion fragments are asteroids! Yeuch!
Extreme Sports Cafe - Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take...

Return to “Development”