Protostar

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
AstroBoy
With us: 21 years 9 months

Protostar

Post #1by AstroBoy » 11.05.2003, 10:54

I tried to model the all protoplanetary nebula. Here is the result using Commander David's protodisk (realy good, so why trying to model a worst version ?!) and adding the two jets and the gas bubble...

And here is the theoric models I used...

Commander David
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #2by Commander David » 11.05.2003, 13:01

Hi AstroBoy
the Mesh looks great. Can i see the bubble from inside too?

btw. Can this Bubble in the future of this solarsystem the Oort Cloud? Maybe?
Celestia on my System:
AMD Barton 2800+@3000+
1024 MB DDR-RAM
ATI Radeon 9500 non Pro 128MB

Psykotik
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #3by Psykotik » 11.05.2003, 16:14

David, according the second image, and the way of how works your protostar, it seems natural to me that one can see inside the bubble the bubble itself.

Astroboy, where the hell could I download the protoplanetary nebula ? :lol:

Topic author
AstroBoy

Post #4by AstroBoy » 11.05.2003, 18:34

The bubble can be seen from in-and-outside !!!
For those who want to download it, I think that the all nebula should be in a same pack (rather than having one add-on with protodisk, one with the two jets and one with the bubble !!!). So if Commander David agree, it will be available on my (and his) website...
In the other hand, I don't have any information about such star (name, RA, dec, distance, spectype, orientation with surrounding stars,...) that would make this add-on complete.

Commander David
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #5by Commander David » 11.05.2003, 21:31

AstroBoy, the disc you have is only a testversion. i work on a new texture and a mesh that will work with ALL celestiaversions. I work on "jet`s" too and maybe on a bubb. If the final version are ready you can make a add-on.

Maybe you can help me? Can you make a disc such as mine? What program do you use to create the meshes and what do you use to make the textures and put them on the mesh?
Celestia on my System:

AMD Barton 2800+@3000+

1024 MB DDR-RAM

ATI Radeon 9500 non Pro 128MB

However if God is a mistake, then I do not regret anything. More worth living than this mistake did not give it.

erostosthenes
With us: 22 years

Post #6by erostosthenes » 11.05.2003, 21:50

i'm pretty sure that bubble with a tail is what you'd see for a binary system, not a single star. As far as stellar wind is concerned, our local neighbourhood is isotropic, not unidirectional.

Topic author
AstroBoy

Post #7by AstroBoy » 12.05.2003, 18:00

i'm pretty sure that bubble with a tail is what you'd see for a binary system, not a single star. As far as stellar wind is concerned, our local neighbourhood is isotropic, not unidirectional.

In fact the gas bubble is due to near giant star not to the protostar wind !!

AstroBoy, the disc you have is only a testversion. i work on a new texture and a mesh that will work with ALL celestiaversions. I work on "jet`s" too and maybe on a bubb. If the final version are ready you can make a add-on.

Maybe you can help me? Can you make a disc such as mine? What program do you use to create the meshes and what do you use to make the textures and put them on the mesh?

I use 3ds max for mesh and mapping. For texture editing I use Paint Shop Pro a save to png file with alpha layer

Return to “Development”