How to install Lua Edu Tools 1.2 Addon Pack to work for me ?

All Lua-tools for Celestia in one forum.
Topic author
darius
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #1by darius » 19.03.2013, 16:42

Tried few times and are not sure why went wrong.

Could you tell me the following instruction in your own words

and save the existing config.lua file that you have to another location.

any location or what location is ok or can I just delete the existing, so old config.lua?
can I rename config.lua to config.lua-old to work ?

Sorry for such easy questions but I really need your help.

darius

Lua Edu Tools 1.2 Addon Pack
http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/creators/fsgregs/Lua_Edu_Tools_Addons_v1.zip
=============================================
To use these addons in Lua Edu Tools, first unzip the file to any convenient location. Open the Lua Edu Tools beta 7 folder that you already have, and save the existing config.lua file that you have to another location. Also drag the addons folder out of Lua Tools and save to any convenient location.

Then, drag the new config.lua file included with this addon into the Lua Edu Tools folder/directory, and drag the entire addons folder into the same directory. Finally, drag the tools, images and utils folders provided with this addon into the main Lua Edu Tools directory. The tools folder contains a new file, and an edit to the addsbox.lua file (to add the cockpit button). Allow it to overwrite the existing addsbox.lua file. The images folder contains an additional file for the cockpit. The utils folder contains an edit to the toolsBox,lua file. Allow it to overwrite the existing file.

Once installed, launch Celestia and activate Lua Edu Tools, if not already running. To activate tools, press the [Shift+I] keys.

Then, left-click on the “Set Addon Visibility” menu button, and a new menu will appear, listing the 18 addons. Notice the slider in that menu to display more addons. Left-click in the check boxes to turn on an addon. Uncheck the boxes to turn them off. Several addons can be activated at once. Remember that those addons pertaining to Earth will not be noticed until you center Earth in the screen.

To experience the new Cockpit feature, check the “Cockpit” box in the lower right toolkit menu. An image of the cockpit of the Space Shuttle will appear. Uncheck the box to turn it off.

You’re ready to go.

Enjoy and thanks to Martin and Vincent for their excellent professional addons for education, and to Marco Klunder for his script of the Hubble Classifications.

Frank Gregorio
January 2010

Marco Klunder
With us: 16 years 3 months

Re: How to install Lua Edu Tools 1.2 Addon Pack to work for

Post #2by Marco Klunder » 19.03.2013, 20:08

This is mend purely for save/backup the existing config.lua.
Just safety reasons for a later possible fall-back.

Copy it to any place you like or indeed rename it eg. config.bkp

Reason: by the installation that follows, the existing config.lua will be overwritten.
After the installation there will be a new config.lua (included in the package) for you, that runs the package.
Further-on the installation is a very simple copy/paste installation

Marco
Marco Klunder
email: marco.klunder@xs4all.nl
Windows10 PD 3.0 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6700 XL
Celestia161 / SVN + Lua Edu Tools v1.2 Beta9, Celestia160-ED and Celestia1621

Topic author
darius
With us: 11 years 2 months

Re: How to install Lua Edu Tools 1.2 Addon Pack to work for

Post #3by darius » 20.03.2013, 16:49

Marco Klunder wrote:This is mend purely for save/backup the existing config.lua.
Just safety reasons for a later possible fall-back.

Copy it to any place you like or indeed rename it eg. config.bkp

Reason: by the installation that follows, the existing config.lua will be overwritten.
After the installation there will be a new config.lua (included in the package) for you, that runs the package.
Further-on the installation is a very simple copy/paste installation

Marco

Thanks Marco,

so renaming
Lua Edu Tools/config.lua > Lua Edu Tools/config.lua-old
Lua Edu Tools/addons > Lua Edu Tools/addons-old

to meet the following requirements

To use these addons in Lua Edu Tools, first unzip the file to any convenient location. Open the Lua Edu Tools beta 7 folder that you already have, and save the existing config.lua file that you have to another location. Also drag the addons folder out of Lua Tools and save to any convenient location.

can I now just unpack Lua_Edu_Tools_Addons_v1.zip
into cleaned Lua Edu Tools folder
to copy and overwrite respective folders files to make things short ?

btw name for addons folder in Lua_Edu_Tools_Addons_v1.zip is
adds
(addons vs. adds look alike)

Then, drag the new config.lua file included with this addon into the Lua Edu Tools folder/directory, and drag the entire addons folder into the same directory. Finally, drag the tools, images and utils folders provided with this addon into the main Lua Edu Tools directory. The tools folder contains a new file, and an edit to the addsbox.lua file (to add the cockpit button). Allow it to overwrite the existing addsbox.lua file. The images folder contains an additional file for the cockpit. The utils folder contains an edit to the toolsBox,lua file. Allow it to overwrite the existing file.

To experience the new Cockpit feature, check the “Cockpit” box in the lower right toolkit menu. An image of the cockpit of the Space Shuttle will appear. Uncheck the box to turn it off.

The issue is I am low on memory in laptop (2.5GHz and old PC < 1GHz)
and processor is 100% busy when I run Celestia
so having installed Slideshow I don't get slidshow box visible

installed Lua Edu Tools Addons and no activity.

Ok, go to get memory stick.

thanks

Return to “Lua-Tools”