SLIDESHOW–DIAPORAMA presentations without scripting

All Lua-tools for Celestia in one forum.
Topic author
jogad
With us: 15 years 8 months

Re: SLIDESHOW–DIAPORAMA presentations without scripting

Post #21by jogad » 03.04.2010, 06:41

Fenerit wrote:Subtilissima quaestio de incipit et desinit:
Sorry. No subtlilty at all from me :oops:

But I thought have finally :idea: understood what was the problem.
However you ignore my proposal of a third url button. :(
Too bad for me.
Once again I did not understand you. :cry:

Next time write all Latin. :wink:
So I'll have an excuse not to understand.
:mrgreen:

Marco Klunder
With us: 16 years 3 months

Post #22by Marco Klunder » 03.04.2010, 09:24

jogad wrote:Next time write all Latin. :wink:

Good idea :wink:

talk_Latin2.jpg

Jo?l,

When I turn on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/ the slideshow, with the Slideshow button in the Lua_Edu_Tools menu, the slideshow does not start at the beginning each time, but it continues with the following page in the slideshow. How come :?

Marco
Marco Klunder
email: marco.klunder@xs4all.nl
Windows10 PD 3.0 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6700 XL
Celestia161 / SVN + Lua Edu Tools v1.2 Beta9, Celestia160-ED and Celestia1621

Topic author
jogad

Post #23by jogad » 03.04.2010, 10:44

Marco Klunder wrote:When I turn on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/ the slideshow, with the Slideshow button in the Lua_Edu_Tools menu, the slideshow does not start at the beginning each time, but it continues with the following page in the slideshow. How come :?

Yes :!:

That is exactly the intended behavior. :lol:
This way your can suspend the slideshow, continue to use Celestia when no slide is needed and then resume the slideshow.

If you don't like that it is very easy to change.
It is the default behavior and I wont change it. :twisted:
But I could add an option in the Config_Slideshow.lua file to let the user have his own choice. 8)

Marco Klunder

Post #24by Marco Klunder » 03.04.2010, 15:50

I exactly understand your choice, that was the same issue I had. :!:
Probably I did not write it down correctly, by saying the slideshow should start from the beginning again (of course, that also may be a choice).

I should prefer that if you turn off slideshow (e.g. to explain something), and later on resume it again, to resume with the same slide as you left off and decide by your own to go to the next slide if you want. Now the slideshow automatically restarts with the next slide. But as you said, it may be an easy change in the config, so probably let make the enduser a choice between the 3 possibilities :idea:

Marco
Marco Klunder

Fenerit M
With us: 17 years 1 month

Post #25by Fenerit » 03.04.2010, 20:16

But I could add an option in the Config_Slideshow.lua file to let the user have his own choice. 8)

Supposed all three we knows what we are talking about, if that option or its enhancement would account for the user-selection, then my initial purpose should be achieved.

P.S.
I'm stay doing a tiring task in writing so. I neither know whether it is correct since I only think that could be correct. Usually I do not use phrasal verbs because I do not know them.
Never at rest.
Massimo

Topic author
jogad

Post #26by jogad » 04.04.2010, 09:32

Hello, happy Easter

Fenerit wrote:Supposed all three we knows what we are talking about, if that option or its enhancement would account for the user-selection, then my initial purpose should be achieved.
This option concerns the way Slidewhow resumes when reactivated : next slide, same slide or from the beginning of the slidewhow.
This is a very easy change to do in the pluging and it is yet ready. :)

But it was an answer to Marco's very easy request.
I would be surprise that it solves your problem witch deals with time and Urls. :o

The solution that I proposed to you ( :idea: adding a 3rd Url icon to record the position in Celestia without resetting the time) is more complicated and I must be sure it is useful before I do such a change in my plugin.

I am about to release an update with some other enhancements (text background color and transparency and choice of the font). It will be hopefully ready tomorrow.
So, if you have requests, it's the right moment for that. :mrgreen:

Fenerit wrote:I'm stay doing a tiring task in writing so.
I am in the same situation. :wink: If I must write more than few lines, I write it in French then I translate with Google Translate. In most cases the result is not very good. I have to modify the text until its translation in French gives an understandable result.

Fenerit M

Post #27by Fenerit » 04.04.2010, 11:53

I am about to release an update with some other enhancements (text background color and transparency and choice of the font). It will be hopefully ready tomorrow.
So, if you have requests, it's the right moment for that. :mrgreen:

Now follows...

The solution that I proposed to you ( :idea: adding a 3rd Url icon to record the position in Celestia without resetting the time) is more complicated and I must be sure it is useful before I do such a change in my plugin.

Never mind, let avoid that.

This option concerns the way Slidewhow resumes when reactivated : next slide, same slide or from the beginning of the slidewhow.
This is a very easy change to do in the pluging and it is yet ready. :)
I would be surprise that it solves your problem witch deals with time and Urls. :o

This is the point (bold). Set apart the Urls, which like you said they are avoidables, now can be pointed out a point (banal statement, of course). The point is the next slide. Could the next slide to be active when the user do click and select a different object? If yes, my purpose is completely achieved. Previous I've called that "switching". On the whole, my complains concerns the total lacking of a way to show legends. In Celestia we have script (not well-formatted) for the text but not a way to show informations' images (legends). This latter operation is achieved only within the LUATOOLS/plug-ins framework. Surely with the InfoURL one can launch an image program, but which program? Photoshop and such? Half Gb for a legend? :wink: Thus, the smallest LUA routine are right and your plug-in has all the potentiality for deal with image/text's management. "Slideshow" is synonim and sound as whether was "presentation"; me do add it also the subjects: "legends", "tables", etc. The SurfaceFeature directive could be "viewed" like a way to place information's spots. :idea:
Never at rest.
Massimo

Topic author
jogad

Post #28by jogad » 04.04.2010, 15:00

Fenerit wrote:Could the next slide to be active when the user do click and select a different object?
NO :!:

Many plugins are designed to take informations from Celestia and display this information in different ways.
As I explained before, Slideshow is very different from this point of vue.
By design, Slideshow MUST ignore what is done in Celestia. An action towards Celestia is possible but the opposite (Celestia towards Slideshow) is not.

The method in Slideshow is simple (but not automatic).
- hide (or not) the current slide
- select your next object
- show the slide with relevant informations. (several manners to do that)
I think this is simple and suitable in most cases. (except for you :wink: )

If I understand well, your request is to add the Lua Edu Tool "more info" capabilities to Slideshow.
In this case what you need is a custumized version of the "more info" tool. As you know, I am not the right man for this request. :oops:

Marco Klunder

Post #29by Marco Klunder » 04.04.2010, 16:43

jogad wrote:Hello, happy Easter
YOU ALL THE SAME

jogad wrote:
Fenerit wrote:I'm stay doing a tiring task in writing so.
I am in the same situation. :wink: If I must write more than few lines, I write it in French then I translate with Google Translate. In most cases the result is not very good. I have to modify the text until its translation in French gives an understandable result.

Bravo :!: :!: and keep on going :arrow: :arrow:

You folks are doing a fantastic job.
Keep in mind, I used to get a poor 4 out of 10 doing French at high-school and Italian "birra" and "vino" are the limits of knowledge to me now, BUT...
we are talking to each other here :D. As proposed, we also can do it in Latin, but your English is well enough to understand each other and if not ...
just give it a second/third/... change :!:

Jo?l, I'm looking forward to your update.

Massimo, I'm intending to internationalize the "Deriva dei Continenti" script to English/Dutch. But after many hours of work, I got really stuck 540 million years ago in the PALEOZOIC AGE. Is there a change for a co-production here :?:

Marco
Marco Klunder

Topic author
jogad

Post #30by jogad » 05.04.2010, 16:14

Version 1.1 is released

This is mainly an update of the previous version.

important changes are

:arrow: Control over texts AND backgrounds color and transparency

venus.jpg

Just for example I join the additional fonts that I used to make this picture

:arrow: Local config file to manage the settings of several slideshows independently

:arrow: Many more options available in config files.
config_slideshow.lua is not only a configuration file but it must be viewed also as part of the documentation. :idea:

Attention: Some changes have been done in files: read the installation chapter.

There are more key for text formatting and some default keys are different:
Read the doc! and particularly the text related doc.

Have also a look at Tips and Tricks paragraph.
:mrgreen:
Last edited by jogad on 24.03.2013, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

Fenerit M

Post #31by Fenerit » 06.04.2010, 21:58

Hallo! Do you have eaten the egg?

:arrow: Local config file to manage the settings of several slideshows independently

This do raise my curiosity, of course... :mrgreen:

Massimo, I'm intending to internationalize the "Deriva dei Continenti" script to English/Dutch. But after many hours of work, I got really stuck 540 million years ago in the PALEOZOIC AGE. Is there a change for a co-production here :?:

Do you wish the italian-english translation of R. Basso "Deriva dei continenti" [Continents' drifting]? I can do that; but since it is dedicated to its girlfriend and since that made the script a tad personal, I don't know how to do in such case (and then I should translate it as "tectonic plate motion").
Never at rest.
Massimo

Marco Klunder

Post #32by Marco Klunder » 07.04.2010, 20:12

Fenerit wrote:Do you wish the italian-english translation of R. Basso "Deriva dei continenti" [Continents' drifting]?
Massimo, s?

Fenerit wrote:but since it is dedicated to its girlfriend and since that made the script a tad personal, I don't know how to do in such case
That was also the 'hard' part I already run through :lol:
Does his girlfriend read English/Dutch :?:

Fenerit wrote:(and then I should translate it as "tectonic plate motion").
... or "Derive of the Continents" ... (more literally)
English looks like Italian, doesn't it? :wink:

Continue in a separate thread?

Marco
Marco Klunder

Fenerit M

Post #33by Fenerit » 08.04.2010, 23:55

Marco Klunder wrote:
Fenerit wrote:(and then I should translate it as "tectonic plate motion").
... or "Derive of the Continents" ... (more literally)
English looks like Italian, doesn't it? :wink:

Continue in a separate thread?

Marco

Perhaps is best, or Jogad could become nervous.
Never at rest.
Massimo

Fenerit M

Post #34by Fenerit » 09.04.2010, 13:47

Hallo Jo?l, do you want a suggestion for a new, small, useful and completely different plug-in which routines are contents in that of slideshow? :wink: You could help a poor add-on maker... :mrgreen:
Never at rest.
Massimo

Topic author
jogad

Post #35by jogad » 09.04.2010, 17:54

Hello,
Fenerit wrote:do you want a suggestion
Yes, suggestions are always welcome.
But of course no commitment from me...

Fenerit wrote:for a new, small, useful and completely different plug-in
Yes :lol: my plugin is
- too big (more than 1500 lines in the last non released version and I plan to add some improvements)
- and not very useful (only downloaded 5 times)
- thus a completely different thing :blue: is maybe a good idea.

Fenerit wrote:which routines are contents in that of slideshow? :wink:
In this case it will not be so different and probably not so small. :wink:

Fenerit wrote:You could help a poor add-on maker... :mrgreen:
Of course if I can help, this will be with pleasure. :D
But you are far more skilled than me. Did you notice that my plugin has no math and no astronomy inside?
Obviously if some routines of Slideshow are useful for your project, you can use them without permission.

A proposito, what was the suggestion :?:

Marco Klunder

Post #36by Marco Klunder » 09.04.2010, 18:28

jogad wrote:(only downloaded 5 times)

Of course this forum is a good place to develop and release new add-ons.
But I also suggest to release these kind of add-ons on the Motherlodde :!:

Marco
Marco Klunder

Fenerit M

Post #37by Fenerit » 09.04.2010, 20:12

Hi, Jo?l and Marco; first, some replies.

Yes, suggestions are always welcome.
But of course no commitment from me...

Of course, this is implicit.

Yes :lol: my plugin is
- too big (more than 1500 lines in the last non released version and I plan to add some improvements)
- and not very useful (only downloaded 5 times)
- thus a completely different thing :blue: is maybe a good idea.

Your plug-in is great, and I think that Celestia's extensions are too straightforward to be instantaneusly useful, perhaps later, after two or three years. Note that in the 2002 I knew about the development of an open source 3d space simulator but I found what was its name only in the 2005!

In this case it will not be so different and probably not so small. :wink:

Eh, Eh! Here surely is the contrary. :wink:

Of course if I can help, this will be with pleasure. :D
But you are far more skilled than me. Did you notice that my plugin has no math and no astronomy inside?
Obviously if some routines of Slideshow are useful for your project, you can use them without permission.

Basilary, neither the "new" would have math and astronomy inside; my call for your help is for your throughout vision and control upon your routines than me, which should study it.

A proposito, what was the suggestion :?:

Now the point. Lets consider the coordinates plug-in, just in the part concerning the coordinates (long/lat) without deal with the compass' animation and the azimuth/elev. Such plug-in get the coordinates by referring it to center of the screen. Now, if we add a PNG image of a sight, a pinhole, a target centered on screen, we should know the subpoint with more precision. Now suppose that to such PNG let be assigned the clickable propriety of saving (appending) in a TXT file (like your slideshow) the coordinates points, so to have a set of coordinates in tabular form. You will say: "and then?". Well, this is an easy way to build wireframe CMODs! Such a plug-in is both informative as a 3D tool with lots of utility, because what is now possible for the Earth once downloaded a dataset, should be possible even for other planets. One could say about of its scientificity, but should be the most scientific-like than nothing, isn't? And just to mark some features, with generic, educational purposes. The coordinates' set would have the form (within the text file) like:

LONGITUDE LATITUDE (or the converse, no matter, is based on which strings one do write before)
42.675 102.568 (the float precision is matter of taste :wink: )
43.568 103.512
Note that your (here idle) controlbox's buttons could be "channels" for more advanced operations upon such points (conversions, means, etc).
I've already made a Perl script to process such data and got a complete ASCII CMOD model (as you can see in the case of geologic add-on). Such plugin could be useful for the SCI_FI users for its creations.
Anyhow, I love the blues and the jazz is not dead.
Never at rest.
Massimo

Topic author
jogad

Post #38by jogad » 10.04.2010, 07:15

Hello,

@Fenerit
:idea: Your idea is interesting.
I answer in another thread. This way, more qualified persons that me can help too. :mrgreen:

Marco Klunder wrote:Of course this forum is a good place to develop and release new add-ons.
But I also suggest to release these kind of add-ons on the Motherlodde :!:
I chose not to release this addon at first on ML for several reasons

- This is a ligth (few Ko) addon and it is easier and faster to attach it in a post
- Feedback is easier.
- Such an addon with no documentation is nothing. I thought that a topic in a forum was a convenient way to do that. Maybe I am wrong.
- This is a young addon. Modifications and bug corrections are immediate. idem for the documentation. On the Motherlode, it is another matter.

But I don't neglect the Motherlode. I think the addon is just not absolutely ready at this point.
(I sincerely hope that the next releast will be the last...)

Topic author
jogad

Post #39by jogad » 18.04.2010, 07:59

Slideshow Version 1.2 is released. :D
If there is no more problem with it, this will be the last version.

Fenerit wrote:
Marco Klunder wrote:I was also wondering if the addon can support image transparency (probably now or in a future release) ?
It support just now the image transparencies (png, dds).

Yes but we could get interesting results by adjusting the transparency directly in Celestia

In this picture, the rabbit has an opacity of 38% compared to the actual image.
For my party I never got to see this famous rabbit.

One problem was not multiplying too much the number of keys.
The solution is brought with a palette.
This way all is done by clicks of mouse. Of course the palette itself can be moved with the mouse.

Using the keyboard with a large number of colors was not so easy. With the palette it is a breeze.

This palette is primarily designed to manipulate the text.
But you can also be use it to adjust the transparency of an image.

The result of your actions with the mouse on the palette is visible immediately.

When the palette is visible, the text editing keys are no longer available. On the other hand, the associate functions of these keys in Celestia are usable again.
palette_descr.png

A) These 2 buttons allow you to assign available fonts to selected text

B) A mouse click here toggles different possible text alignments (left justified, centered or right justified)

Buttons A and B always apply to selected text regardless of button C state.

C) Each click on this button changes the target of the buttons E and cursor F. Different possible modes are "text", "text background" and "image"

E) These buttons let choose the color of the text or text background.
The selected color is identified by a little white frame.

The number of colors is not limited. You can always modify or add new colors in the same way as before by editing the configuration file.
The size of the palette is automatically adjusted for the number of color buttons.

Color buttons apply only to the text or to the text background. They will do nothing is the selected mode of the C button is "image"

F) The cursor allows to adjust individually the transparency of a text, a text background or a picture.
The percentage of opacity is displayed beside the cursor.
Tip: Clicking on the value of the opacity reorganizes the display order so that the texts are in the foreground.

D) Closes the palette.
When the palette is closed, you can use again the keys defined for text editing. (But you loose associated functions of Celestia).
This button has the same effect as the * key (by default). To recover the palette, just press * again

Other new features of this version are less spectacular.

- The code is rewritten to load faster when Celestia is starting to avoid timeout problems if many other plugins should be loaded.

- The strange way to allow spaces at the end of the text is no longer supported. Instead you can end a line in a more conventional way with a quote "

The configuration file has been improved further. It has a default palette of 32 expandable and modifiable colors.

The downloadable version doesn't contain anymore a "_slidecatalog.txt" file to avoid erasing your job.
The documentation explains how to create one.

To avoid losing the previous presentations and if you have not a local configuration file, copy your old "config_slideshow.lua" file in the directory slides and rename it as explained in the documentation

Marco Klunder

Post #40by Marco Klunder » 18.04.2010, 09:38

Jo?l,

Great work again here. I'll download it of course and further on test it.

Marco
Marco Klunder

Return to “Lua-Tools”