Read This Before Reporting a Bug!

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
Topic author
chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 3 months

Read This Before Reporting a Bug!

Post #1by chris » 07.06.2002, 17:14

When posting bug reports in this form, always specify what OS and graphics card you're using. Without this basic information, it's often impossible to say anything helpful about fixes or workarounds. The more details you provide, the better the chance that someone will be able to help you.

--Chris

don
With us: 20 years 9 months

Post #2by don » 21.07.2003, 15:08

Also . . .

* In your "bug" post, please include the version number of Celestia you are running. This can be found by selecting the Help / About Celestia menu options in Celestia.

* Please take a couple of minutes to read through the document A prelimiary Celestia User's FAQ, located at http://www.shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2291. It answers many Frequently Asked Questions about Celestia. One of the questions is . . .

Q3:
Where can I get another version of Celestia that might work better?

A3:
a) Older versions of Celestia are available on SourceForge:
See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=21302
v1.2.4 seems the most robust, but does not include many recent features.

b) Some "prerelease" versions of Celestia for Windows are available
on Shatters.net: See http://celestiaproject.net/celestia/files/
The most recent "prerelease" (e.g. V1.3.1 pre6) may work better for you.

Thank you!

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 8 months

Re: Read This Before Reporting a Bug!

Post #3by selden » 31.03.2009, 18:00

If you post a bug report here and it gets fixed, PLEASE edit the title of the thread you created to include the word "Fixed".

To change that title, select the "edit" icon of your original posting. One of the things you can edit is its title.
Selden

Chuft-Captain
With us: 18 years 4 months

Post #4by Chuft-Captain » 01.04.2009, 16:24

selden wrote:If you post a bug report here and it gets fixed, PLEASE edit the title of the thread you created to include the word "Fixed".

To change that title, select the "edit" icon of your original posting. One of the things you can edit is its title.
Can I suggest that it might be a good idea to enter this as a "tag" (eg. "**FIXED**) rather than just the word "Fixed".
This would allow a search of the forum for all **FIXED** bugs.

JM2CW

PS. Of course, everyone would have to agree to use the same tag. :wink:
"Is a planetary surface the right place for an expanding technological civilization?"
-- Gerard K. O'Neill (1969)

CATALOG SYNTAX HIGHLIGHTING TOOLS LAGRANGE POINTS

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 3 months

Post #5by ElChristou » 02.04.2009, 11:15

Yep, perso I've use brackets [] because they are commonly use for such usage on boards I know... "Fixed" is ok for bugs but I think "Solved" can be used both for bugs and common questions/problems. Le's say it's more general. I've also used a "On Hold" for a topic that can get answers right now, we can also use "Download" when a link is available etc...

Selden, I know it's your job to determinate such things, so don't take it bad. If you just want to see "Fixed", just confirm and I'll edit again my posts.

Chuft-Captain
With us: 18 years 4 months

Post #6by Chuft-Captain » 02.04.2009, 12:54

I've just tested this and discovered that the phpBB search facility is a load of rubbish.

It seems to ignore any non-alphabetic characters such as [ ] ( ) < > # @ in search criteria.

It looks like it will be a waste of time trying to come up with a special tag.
ie.
[solved], (solved), <solved>, #solved#, {solved}, etc. all get executed as a search for the word "solved" only. (ie. So, all of these searches will return your bugs ElChristou, because it's only matching with the non-tag word "solved")

CC
"Is a planetary surface the right place for an expanding technological civilization?"
-- Gerard K. O'Neill (1969)

CATALOG SYNTAX HIGHLIGHTING TOOLS LAGRANGE POINTS

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 3 months

Post #7by ElChristou » 02.04.2009, 13:48

Right... Anyway the brackets could be ignore for a search but they have an impact at visual level, no? (one immediately know it's a tag)

Return to “Bugs”