Planetshine oddity

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M
With us: 19 years 9 months

Planetshine oddity

Post #1by PlutonianEmpire » 30.06.2012, 05:34

Ok, I noticed an oddity with planetshine. For some reason, in the triple star system I posted about in the screenies thread, certain objects have planetshine reflected onto them, even though they're in the complete shadow of the parent planet. I looked around, and realized, those certain objects were getting planetshine as if they were receiving light from the other system on the other side of the star system.

Here's a .zip containing the STC's and SSC's. I used the completed ISS model from the Motherlode. I checked a couple of the minor moons elsewhere in both these systems, but didn't see anything. (No textures.)

debug_help.zip

My system: HP HDX16-1375DX Notebook PC, Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26 / 2.27 GH, 4 gb DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M Graphics w/1024 Shared video memory

Celestia 1.6.1
Terraformed Pluto: Now with New Horizons maps! :D

omega13a M
With us: 12 years 7 months

Re: Planetshine oddity

Post #2by omega13a » 09.07.2012, 17:46

Sounds like a similar thing I noticed when I make a system with a binary planet (two planets orbiting a reference point that orbits a star). When one of the two planets passes between its star and the other planet, no shadow is put on the other planet. :?
A fish without a bicycle cannot contemplate his navel

My Celestia Add-ons
The Omega Galaxy

Return to “Bugs”