Bright gallaxaies??

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
Topic author
DonAVP
With us: 18 years 10 months

Bright gallaxaies??

Post #1by DonAVP » 22.07.2006, 22:20

Hello all:

I have added addon M31. Looks good however it looks very bright. Here is a thread I found kind of addressing the subject. Looks like it still is in the air as far as a fix? http://www.shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9697&highlight=bright+gall

Is this true or not? I have loaded two other nebula and they look great. The problem is that M31 is so big it just sticks out like a sour thumb if it comes into my FOV. Related to this if I goto {g} the gallaxy it is not in the same place as the volumetric representations of gallaxies in Celestia w/o the addon.

As you will see the volumetric gallaxy is 170 Kcp the addon is 270 Kcp away for POV.

Thanks for any responce or promised fixes.

Don
Don't know anything

ajtribick
Developer
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #2by ajtribick » 23.07.2006, 11:32

You should state which M31 add-on you've installed (and provide a link to it). So far, I've found 3 on the Motherlode, and I don't want to have to waste time downloading all 3.

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #3by selden » 23.07.2006, 12:37

Remember that M31 is a galaxy. It's defined as a Galaxy in Celestia's file /data/deepsky.dsc The light from the Galaxies defined within Celestia adds to the light of any galaxies that are defined as Nebulae. Try turning off "show galaxies" to see if that makes a difference. You also might try turning down the brightness with the "(" keyboard command.

p.s. If the Nebula model doesn't exactly align with Celestia's Galaxy definition, then the Nebula is in the wrong location. By this, I mean the image of the galaxy shown by the Nebula should be aligned with Celestia's definition, not that the center (marker) of the Nebula's picture should be the same. Astronomical photographs aren't necessarily centered on the object of interest.
Selden

Return to “Bugs”