version1.3.2pre3:can't see texture

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.

version1.3.2pre3:can't see texture

Post #1by Guest » 22.02.2004, 09:43

some spacecraft and odd shape moons can't diplay their texture.I have captured a picture to descrip this bug,but I don't know how to post it here .

divine_vessel
With us: 20 years 5 months

divine_vessel

Post #2by divine_vessel » 22.02.2004, 11:33

the moons have this promble are phobos,deimos and mimas(I have use a
real shape model for this moon,to show the big crater more realistic)
It seems that the moon with a odd shape and a color texture will enconter
this promble.

Bob Hegwood
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #3by Bob Hegwood » 24.02.2004, 20:23

Divine and Guest...

The textures are indeed having trouble. For Chris and others...

Phobos, Deimos, Amalthea textures are not being displayed. What's interesting, however, is that the textures for Tethys and Mimas ARE being displayed, even though I'm also using Jestr's models for those bodies. The only real difference in these models that I can see, is that they're more closely rounded?

Just thought I'd let you know about it in case it makes any difference. :wink:

Take care, Bob
Bob Hegwood
Windows XP-SP2, 256Meg 1024x768 Resolution
Intel Celeron 1400 MHz CPU
Intel 82815 Graphics Controller
OpenGL Version: 1.1.2 - Build 4.13.01.3196
Celestia 1.4.0 Pre6 FT1

granthutchison
Developer
With us: 21 years 7 months

Post #4by granthutchison » 24.02.2004, 20:39

Bob Hegwood wrote:What's interesting, however, is that the textures for Tethys and Mimas ARE being displayed, even though I'm also using Jestr's models for those bodies. The only real difference in these models that I can see, is that they're more closely rounded?
1.3.2pre3 doesn't allow the definition of the texture for a 3ds model from within an ssc - the models themselves need to define their own textures. (Definitions from within the ssc should return in pre4.) This leaves all the standard Celestia distribution models at sea, since they contain only wildcard texture definitions, and up to now have relied on the ssc to provide the texture information. So with no legal texture defined anywhere, they're coming up white at present.
My recollection is that some of Jestr's models contain their own internal texture definition, and so I'd guess this is the reason they haven't been affected - however, he's recently been building models with internal wildcard textures to make them more compatible with the Celestia models, and they will be affected.

Grant

Grant

Post #5by Guest » 24.02.2004, 20:56

granthutchison wrote:1.3.2pre3 doesn't allow the definition of the texture for a 3ds model from within an ssc - the models themselves need to define their own textures. (Definitions from within the ssc should return in pre4.) This leaves all the standard Celestia distribution models at sea, since they contain only wildcard texture definitions, and up to now have relied on the ssc to provide the texture information.

Thanks for the clarification Grant... But if that's the case, why are MY textures being used to display the surfaces of Tethys and Mimas? I'm pretty sure that Jestr hasn't told his models to use MY particular textures. Do you understand what I mean? The *only* place these textures are defined is within my "solarsys.ssc" file. And yet, there they are on the moons just like nothing ever changed. :wink:

Take care, Bob

chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #6by chris » 24.02.2004, 21:42

Just so no one gets too concerned, this problem has already been fixed in the CVS version.

--Chris

granthutchison
Developer
With us: 21 years 7 months

Post #7by granthutchison » 24.02.2004, 23:14

Bob Hegwood wrote:But if that's the case, why are MY textures being used to display the surfaces of Tethys and Mimas?
Because they have the same names as Jestr's defaults? Tethys-dot-something and mimas-dot-something? Since I don't know how you've set up your system, I can only guess.

Grant

Bob Hegwood
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #8by Bob Hegwood » 25.02.2004, 04:29

Just for your further information, Grant...

I'm using a texture called "Tethysc.jpg" for Tethys and "Mimasc.jpg" for Mimas.

I mean I really don't care that this is happening, but I thought that you developer-types might be interested to know about it.

Take care, Bob
Bob Hegwood

Windows XP-SP2, 256Meg 1024x768 Resolution

Intel Celeron 1400 MHz CPU

Intel 82815 Graphics Controller

OpenGL Version: 1.1.2 - Build 4.13.01.3196

Celestia 1.4.0 Pre6 FT1

Return to “Bugs”