German Umlaute (ÄäÖöÜü)?

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
Topic author
DavidOrtmann
With us: 21 years 1 month

German Umlaute (??????)?

Post #1by DavidOrtmann » 25.08.2003, 08:30

Hi,
I just discovered that the program ignores the German Umlaute (??????) and the ? when entered in one of the files (like the demo-script).

Is there any way to make the program show these characters properly?

David

P.S.: I translated the guide.cel without any problems because the information is given in a separate box. But the text from the demo.cel is shown within the program itself (in this blueish colour) and then the Umlaute are erased.

---

I put this question from the "Celestia Users" forum at "Translators wanted" to this board because I hope there will be someone around to help me.

granthutchison
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #2by granthutchison » 25.08.2003, 18:11

Celestia currently ignores all accented characters - a shame, since many of the Location files would otherwise brim over with interesting accents which I had to strip out before they would work properly.

Grant

Topic author
DavidOrtmann
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #3by DavidOrtmann » 28.08.2003, 09:55

Hi,

granthutchison wrote:Celestia currently ignores all accented characters - a shame, since many of the Location files would otherwise brim over with interesting accents which I had to strip out before they would work properly.

Grant

So there is no 'walk-around' for the problem, e.g. by replacing the accented characters by a certain combination of letters?

David

granthutchison
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #4by granthutchison » 28.08.2003, 10:24

Not that I'm aware of.

Grant

Return to “Bugs”