ringed planets bug

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
Topic author
ravinfinite
With us: 22 years 5 months

ringed planets bug

Post #1by ravinfinite » 28.04.2002, 18:25

hi guys

there seems to be a bug concerning the ringed planets (saturn, uranus). When you take a screenshot of anything and then go to either saturn or uranus, the rings (and the planets) textures are lost. The rings turn into bright white rings and the planets textures turn weird.

The problem happens only if you haven't visited either uranus or saturn. For example, when Celestia starts up, you are at Io. Then you go to Saturn. Then you return to Jupiter. You take a screenshot. Now, when you return to Saturn, it's rings will NOT be messed up. However, if you go to Uranus, it's rings WILL be messed up, since we didn't "visit" it. I'm running Celestia 1.2.4pre3. Someone confirm this.

thanks in advance

ravINFINITE
***** long live ASCII *****

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #2by Rassilon » 29.04.2002, 04:19

It happens with any planet after taking screenshots...Hopefully Chris will fix that in the upcoming version...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #3by chris » 29.04.2002, 15:52

I just reproduced this on my system . . . It should be easy to fix.

In other bug fix news, I've almost got planet orbital calculations fixed so that they don't explode after ~50000 years.

--Chris

Return to “Bugs”