Request for new cel commands

Here you find pointers to utilities that help you create addons for Celestia.
Topic author
Goofy
With us: 12 years 9 months

Request for new cel commands

Post #1by Goofy » 04.03.2020, 11:27

"Hi all.
I was writing a cel script to show Earth coordinates, and at a point I needed to switch ON/OFF two different Reference Marks, Sun direction and Terminator.
But I found that cel scrips have no command line for this, while celx scripts have it!
So I contacted Selden who very kindly found a celx script that can embed and execute a cel script.
It's a working solution, surely, but it is tuned for people using celx, more than for who uses only cel scripts.
So my request:
could someone be so kind and smart to add a cel script allowing the switching ON and OF of the various Reference Marks, separately?
And (this would be a real wonder) a script allowing to embed a celx script within a cel script?
I mean to have a cel script that makes actions and, at a certain point, launches the celx script, that makes other actions, and at its end returns back to the cel script, that will make other actions, and then finish.
This would be a real wonder, but don't know if it can even be possible so....
Thank you for your patience.
Bye

Goofy :smile:"
Last edited by Goofy on 04.03.2020, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Something is always better than nothing!"
HP Omen 15-DC1040nl- Intel® Core i7 9750H, 2.6/4.5 GHz- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+ 1TB SATA 6 SSD- 32GB SDRAM DDR4 2666 MHz- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB-WIN 11 PRO

Lafuente_Astronomy
With us: 5 years 10 months

Post #2by Lafuente_Astronomy » 04.03.2020, 13:02

Goofy wrote:Hi Selden.
I prepared a request to be put in Utilities, that looks to be the most active Forum, but I mention you, so I would like to know if it's OK for you or not.
Here my message:

"Hi all.
I was writing a cel script to show Earth coordinates, and at a point I needed to switch ON/OFF two different Reference Marks, Sun direction and Terminator.
But I found that cel scrips have no command line for this, while celx scripts have it!
So I contacted Selden who very kindly found a celx script that can embed and execute a cel script.
It's a working solution, surely, but it is tuned for people using celx, more than for who uses only cel scripts.
So my request:
could someone be so kind and smart to add a cel script allowing the switching ON and OF of the various Reference Marks, separately?
And (this would be a real wonder) a script allowing to embed a celx script within a cel script?
I mean to have a cel script that makes actions and, at a certain point, launches the celx script, that makes other actions, and at its end returns back to the cel script, that will make other actions, and then finish.
This would be a real wonder, but don't know if it can even be possible so....
Thank you for your patience.
Bye

Goofy "

If you dislike it, I can erase the part related to your involvement.
And, BTW any suggestion to make this request more "convincing" is very welcome!
Let me know, please.
Bye.

Andrea

Have you considered bringing this up to the Devs? You can at the Github website: github.com/CelestiaProject/Celestia
While I do not fully understand the specifics, I think it could be a good addition to the way Celestia loads scripts. That being said, I recommend bringing it up to the devs there.
Official Administrator of the Celestia Discord Server.
Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/WEWDcJh
If you don't have a Discord account, register here: https://discordapp.com/register
Have a blessed day.

Topic author
Goofy
With us: 12 years 9 months

Post #3by Goofy » 04.03.2020, 14:55

Sorry for the wrong message I posted, that was for Selden only, but I made some stupid mistake and that is. :fie:

Regarding Lafuente_Astronomy's suggestion, I like it, so I'll post my request there.
Thank you.
Goofy :smile:
"Something is always better than nothing!"
HP Omen 15-DC1040nl- Intel® Core i7 9750H, 2.6/4.5 GHz- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+ 1TB SATA 6 SSD- 32GB SDRAM DDR4 2666 MHz- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB-WIN 11 PRO

Lafuente_Astronomy
With us: 5 years 10 months

Post #4by Lafuente_Astronomy » 04.03.2020, 22:51

Goofy wrote:Regarding Lafuente_Astronomy's suggestion, I like it, so I'll post my request there.
Thank you.
Goofy

You're welcome.BTW, do you want to join the Celestia Discord Server?
Official Administrator of the Celestia Discord Server.
Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/WEWDcJh
If you don't have a Discord account, register here: https://discordapp.com/register
Have a blessed day.

Return to “Utilities”