Alhajoth system (fictional)

The home for finished/released addons.
Topic author
Mavka
With us: 1 year 1 month

Alhajoth system (fictional)

Post #1by Mavka » 05.08.2024, 03:28

Alhajoth is one of the many wrong names for the star Capella. I decided to reuse it for a fictional star that is quite similar to Capella B, but not quite.

The gem of the system are Lebilozoan satellites around the 7th planet Shanny, which are like Galilean satellites, but each of them is a habitable Earth-like planet with intelligent life. Aside from that, the system contains worlds with oceans of sulfur, oceans of bismuth, oceans of ammonia, oceans of xenon, as well as a hellish super-Venus with 2570 Kelvin surface temperature.

I also did the conlang spoken in the system, and some of its sounds are quite alien.

alhajoth system collage.jpg

From left to right, moons are in order of proximity to each planet:

1. Mvőhalla [ɱɞhɒlːɒ]
2. Ostendeck [ɔstɛndeʜ], and its moon, Lólané [lɔlɒnʲɘ], (bismuth oceans)
3. Semaoiiofae [sɛmaɔi:iɔfaɛ] - a world with oceans of sulfur, and its moons - Ccakeje [ʧɒkɛjɛ], Noamvaja [nɔɒɱɒja], Aittadri [ɒit:ɒdri], and Gwebémis [?bʲɘmʲis] (? is voiced upper-pharyngeal plosive).
4. Örvénylő [ørvʲɘnʷylɞ] (-ɳløː) - a super-Venus, a hellish planet with 2570 K temperature, and its moon, Yazóthoqco [jʷɒzoθɔ?ɔ], where ? is the upper-pharyngeal flap.
5. Kom [kɔm] - a hot Mars-like planet.
6. Tholitra [θɔlitrɒ] - first gas giant, with its 2 moons, Sqheoz [sʡʢɛ:ɞz], which is a boiled Io, and Lumirisly, [lumʲirʲisly], which is same diameter and mass as Earth.
7. Shanny [ʃɒny], but [ʃæni] like English "shanny" is acceptable too, - the superjovian with huge rings, its 4 moons: Lesepco [lɛsɛpʡɔ], Sepbisa [sɛpbʲisɒ], Netriru [nɛtrʲiru], Asepyo [ɒsɛpʷyo].
8. Inoqkárlu [inɔꞯ:ɒrlu] (ꞯ - voiceless upper-pharyngeal plosive) - the hycean of the system. Has 3 moons: Qoratoq [qɔrɒtɔq] - Mars analog, Fainktár [fɒiŋkta:r]- a super-Europa, Zoquadyo [zoquɒdʷyo] - a world with oceans of ammonia.
9. Beaporhe [bɛ:ɒpɔrhɛ] - the (super)-Neptune of the system. It has 1 major moon - Keiakős [kɛiɒkɞs], which is a world with oceans of liquid xenon.

*Quick update - fixed Lei Mimko, Sepbisa location and added glaciers on Netriru

Update: added a 1.6-friendly version because versions earlier than 1.7 can't read mass of the object in-code.

Second update (Version 1.1): I added 100 comets, one of them is the size of a dwarf planet and is spherical. I also changed the map of Sepbisa slightly to resemble more of some Earth's paleomaps.
Attachments
Alhajoth (Version 1.1) - 1.7.zip
(247.29 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
Alhajoth (Version 1.1) - 1.6.zip
(247.29 MiB) Downloaded 12 times

Return to “Add-on releases”