EarthMoon's funny & silly Celestia addons (soon migrating to an own website to prevent lots of attachments)

The home for finished/released addons.
Topic author
EarthMoon
With us: 1 year 10 months

EarthMoon's funny & silly Celestia addons (soon migrating to an own website to prevent lots of attachments)

Post #1by EarthMoon » 14.11.2023, 18:01

I will be posting some funny and silly addons for Celestia here.

The first one:

A planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a planet which orbits a star. Yes. You read it correctly. A system of 36 planets and one star, where planets are numbered from 1 to 36 where planet 36 orbits 35 and 35 orbits 34 and 34 orbits 33 ... and so and planet 1 orbits the star. With the number increasing, the semi-major axis, orbit period and radius get divided by 2 (I know, this is not following Kepler's orbital laws but I wanted to keep it simple). Only the orbit of planet 1 around the star is much bigger than the orbit of planet 2 around 1. This addon and the main star are called "Planetary Subsystems" ("PlaSub" or "Plasub" for short).

A planet in front of a planet which is in front of a planet which is in front of a planet which is in front of a planet and so on ...
Screenshot (52973).png

Screenshot (52972).png

Note:
If you fly too close to the planets in the 20 number region, Celestia will crash. I guess this is due to an orbit which is relative to another orbit which is relative to another orbit which is relative to another orbit (and so on).
Sometimes, some planets with higher numbers collide with ("fly through") planets with lower numbers.

Flying too close to the planets 20+ or 25+ will lead Celestia to crash.
Screenshot (52976).png

The maximum planet number is 36.

Added after 1 hour 10 minutes:
Note: I will soon create an own website for my addons to prevent this forum from being flooded by lots of gigabytes of attachments. (See viewtopic.php?p=162261#p162261)
Attachments
plasub.zip
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Crew: "We are orbiting a black hole."
Control Center: "Do not fly too close to the black hole!"
Crew: "OH OOPS..."

Celestia versions:
1.6.3, 1.7.0 sRGB, 1.6.1 ED (plain)

Current projects:
Celestial (a Celestia-like program written in Python)

Return to “Add-on releases”