New Sagittarius A* Stars

The home for finished/released addons.
Topic author
TheLostProbe
With us: 4 years

New Sagittarius A* Stars

Post #1by TheLostProbe » 31.01.2021, 02:17

A while ago, we discovered a few more stars around Sagittarius A*, and I started making an addon for that. I then forgot about Celestia and the addon and all of my other Celestia addons have just been sitting there, in my extras-indev folder, untouched for months.
But now I'm back! And I've completed (kind of) the addon.
There is just 1 problem which is the textures don't work, I will seek help with fixing this and when I do fix it I will release that. But for now you just get the version with no textures, which means all you get is some bright white cue balls whizzing around a black hole.
Attachments
New Sagittarius A stars.zip
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 470 times
"Carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where the dimensions intersect... impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary."
- Dr. Wallace Breen

SevenSpheres
With us: 4 years 7 months

Post #2by SevenSpheres » 31.01.2021, 02:33

TheLostProbe wrote:There is just 1 problem which is the textures don't work, I will seek help with fixing this and when I do fix it I will release that. But for now you just get the version with no textures, which means all you get is some bright white cue balls whizzing around a black hole.

Looking at Celestia's log (which appears when ~ is pressed), the textures do load; the stars look like white cueballs because the textures are bright and mostly featureless.

Anyway, good work on this, hopefully Vision will add these stars to his Milky Way center addon. (also 500th post!)
My Addons: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19978 • Discord server admin
Celestia versions: 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.7.0, and some unofficial versions like Celestia-ED

Topic author
TheLostProbe
With us: 4 years

Post #3by TheLostProbe » 09.02.2021, 00:01

ok that makes sense
"Carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where the dimensions intersect... impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary."
- Dr. Wallace Breen

Return to “Add-on releases”