M83 Worldbuilding Project

The home for finished/released addons.
Topic author
cubicApoc
With us: 5 years 6 months

M83 Worldbuilding Project

Post #1by cubicApoc » 28.10.2020, 03:39

In this thread, I'll be posting addons from my (currently untitled) M83 worldbuilding project.

First off, the galaxy. I'm using a custom template for M83, plus a slightly modified sprite model LukeCEL sent me on Discord. At some point I'd like to add some more mesh details, but this will do for the time being.

m83 fake stars.png

m83.png
m83.png (39.45 KiB) Viewed 4716 times

download

Now for the systems...

Salib-3 / Red Vortex
Spoiler
Salib-3 is a binary system consisting of the black hole Red Vortex, and the red dwarf Salib-3 B. The system is a trading hub for local pirates, who use one of the Red Vortex asteroids as a dead-drop site.
redvortex-2.png

Salib-3 B has 7 planets, one of which is home to the only known near-cryogenic civilization in the galaxy. They don't seem to have developed spaceflight.
tiark.png

This is an updated version of Red Vortex, delete the old one before installing this. You'll need this addon for all future M83 systems, as it includes all the asteroid models I'll be using throughout the galaxy. The disk and aurora .blend files are still included.
kasarr2.png

download

Massen / Normas Alpha
Spoiler
Massen, also known as Normas Alpha, is a red giant in M83. The system is the capital of Normassia, a state in the neohuman Eclipse Confederacy bordering the Bythic Colonies, Adamantis, the Midgard Sector, and the empire of Neo-Babylon.
massen.png

Several billion years ago, the system was also home to an advanced civilization that terraformed at least three worlds, carving vast canal networks into Normas, Amaron-1, and Amaron-11.
normas.png

This addon, like all my future M83 systems, requires Red Vortex for the asteroid models. Others will probably require Massen for the nearsphere and corona models.
segon.png

download

Galactic map, probably a bit outdated already but I'll fix it later:
Spoiler
m83-map.jpg
Last edited by cubicApoc on 06.01.2021, 00:34, edited 2 times in total.

Trolligi 112477
With us: 4 years

Post #2by Trolligi 112477 » 28.10.2020, 15:50

Wow. Just wow. This is amazing. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Trolligi 112477 on 31.10.2020, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
no more science papers

Trolligi 112477
With us: 4 years

Post #3by Trolligi 112477 » 06.01.2021, 00:34

My systems

Paome
Spoiler
This is the Paome system. It is made of 7 planets and some moons centered around an orange dwarf star. It has many important bodies.

Paomestuff.png

Recently, the Paome system has encountered a large influx of immigrants as scientists with the discovery of ammonia life on Egaro, the fifth planet orbiting Paome.
Egaro.png

As a result, many bodies in this system have been terraformed or settled.
download

Kaganur / SEC-1
Spoiler
This is Kaganur, a hypervelocity Wolf-Rayet star which has only 10,000 years left to live.
Kaganurstuff.png

download

Nyrasson
Spoiler
This is Nyrasson, a triple star system containing a red dwarf and two brown dwarfs. The system is young, under 500 million years old.

Gaslium2.png

download

Cethenom / Eciza 150
Spoiler
The Cethenom (Cethelan-Pandenom) system is a binary system in the Eciza Cluster, a young star cluster containing several luminous stars.

cethenom1.png

One of its planets, Qenixar, is very similar to Midgard and has a fairly large population, being one of the most habitable planets in the cluster.

cethenom2.png

download
Last edited by Trolligi 112477 on 06.05.2021, 21:38, edited 12 times in total.
no more science papers

The Minmus Derp
With us: 3 years 11 months

Post #4by The Minmus Derp » 07.01.2021, 20:34

This is just amazing.

Return to “Add-on releases”