The home for finished/released addons.
Topic author
scoopey
With us: 12 years 2 months

Excel SSC file creator Beta

Post #1by scoopey » 12.07.2012, 23:34

Hello there folks,
Relatively new here to Celestia..
Anyhow as a Sci-fi writer artist I found it an amazing discovery....up until this point I was trying to visualise how my "universe" would look but this is so much better.
Anyhow to cut a long story short I decided I needed to bang in some planets and stars and I have fiddled with scripts before so this would not really be too much of a problem.
However certain things required me to use a bit of maths to a varying degree to convert from one set of measurements to another....
To mke my life easier I came up with this little number!
Its an excel spreadsheet with built in Macro that basically, fill in the info and press a button an voila one SSC file.
Hopefully it will be useful to most that are a little "wary" of creating their own SSC files.

Features include
*Choices are automatically hidden to remove confusing options
*Choices of differnt units are included for greater flexibility without the need of a calculator
*Many options are in "plain english" for the uneducated or lazy...like me! lol!
*Error checking flags up potential problems and warns user i.e you get a warning if you set a cloud layer higher than the planets atmosphere.

Now I not had chance to write any instructions as it took me two weeks to get it this far, so if anyone wants a play,
All items in yellow are drop down choices (such as AU/miles/kilometers) and any items in white are text or number entries.
Also word of warning you need to enable macros (obviously) and apart from the file name or path all "text" entries have spaces automatically removed

http://www.mediafire.com/?boh1qz7okdalt77
Regards
Steve C

Topic author
scoopey
With us: 12 years 2 months

Re: Excel SSC file creator Beta

Post #2by scoopey » 13.07.2012, 18:05

Sorry folks discovered when I cleaned up the file I'd stuck a space in two key words phrases
Its fixed now...
BTW this xls works with Office 2000 and 2003 as well as Windows 98 and Windows 7
Open office does not seem to like the macro though...
New fixes - I think I got the bugs out of it now!!!!!!

*Uniform Rotation keyword fixed
*Elliptical Orbit keyword fixed
*Emissive keyword fixed.

Here's the link to the new file...
http://www.mediafire.com/?b8m6a6jcahcvkgj

John Van Vliet
With us: 22 years

Re: Excel SSC file creator Beta

Post #3by John Van Vliet » 13.07.2012, 20:00

--- edit ---

Return to “Add-on releases”