Project "Celestia Origin", release dated April 30, 2021

The home for finished/released addons.
jjcatloaf123
With us: 3 years 1 month

Post #21by jjcatloaf123 » 22.05.2021, 16:40

I finally got it right this time: I have to copy all of Celestia Origin's content and paste it in a folder containing the Vanilla Celestia, and then actually merge their content together.

gironde M
With us: 7 years 6 months

Post #22by gironde » 22.05.2021, 16:51

In Celestia Origin, Vidiba's lua tables have names with the character '_' (underscore), both the file name and the table name. the underscore character is not recognized by the translator of LUT (see even that of LET). The fr.lua en.lua etc ... modules are not translated.

:hi:

Topic author
Art Blos M
With us: 6 years 10 months

Post #23by Art Blos » 22.05.2021, 18:54

jjcatloaf123 wrote:I finally got it right this time: I have to copy all of Celestia Origin's content and paste it in a folder containing the Vanilla Celestia, and then actually merge their content together.
In general, the process is understood correctly. Only all this is done automatically using the installation script.
Don't guess, don't experiment. Read the instructions and everything will work out.

gironde wrote:In Celestia Origin, Vidiba's lua tables have names with the character '_' (underscore), both the file name and the table name. the underscore character is not recognized by the translator of LUT (see even that of LET). The fr.lua en.lua etc ... modules are not translated.
Okay, I'll pass on the information.
Founder and head of the project "Celestia Origin"

jjcatloaf123

Post #24by jjcatloaf123 » 22.05.2021, 20:14

So, Neptune's default texture was redesigned so that it is based on the 2020 photos, right? Looks like you're trying to pull off a Smash Ultimate Zelda cast (due to their designs all being based on different game each: Link-BOTW, Sheik-original design based on Sheikah set from BOTW, Zelda-ALBW, Young Link-MM, Ganondorf-OoT, and Toon Link-TWW) treatment with the giant planet textures by having each of them all being based on data by different spacecraft taken many years apart: Jupiter-turn of the millennium, Saturn-the Grand Finale, Uranus-the Grand Tour, and Neptune-relief during the pandemic.

Topic author
Art Blos M

Post #25by Art Blos » 22.05.2021, 20:26

jjcatloaf123 wrote:Looks like you're trying to pull off a Smash Ultimate Zelda cast
What? O_o

Gurren Lagann
With us: 6 years 5 months

Post #26by Gurren Lagann » 22.05.2021, 20:36

Art Blos wrote:What? O_o
For non-gamers, its like having many variants of the same thing. For example, CO has around a dozen variants of jovian textures, from Pioneer 10/11 in the 70s, to Juno and Hubble today.
"The tomorrow we're trying to reach is not a tomorrow you had decided on!"
- Simon the Digger
"Nothing is impossible for me, as long I'm determinated to keep moving forward!"
"If other people aren't going to do it, I'm going to do it myself!"
- Me (Gurren)

Current major projects:
- Aur Cir
- Cel+
- Project Sisyphus
- Populating the Local Group
- An galaxy generator

Lepestronik
With us: 3 years 7 months

Post #27by Lepestronik » 23.05.2021, 05:19

gironde wrote:the underscore character is not recognized by the translator of LUT

The underscore character is automatically replaced with spaces in addsBox.lua and ViDiBaBox.lua when reading tables from config.lua. If you see underscores in the ViDiBa window, then there is probably a failure that is not related to the translator. Please show screenshots.

trappistplanets
With us: 4 years

Post #28by trappistplanets » 23.05.2021, 21:31

cmod of apophis from 2018 study (cmod converted and uv mapped from the obj pedro posted in my thread asking about it) viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21153&p=153808#p153808
apophis cmod.zip
(356.08 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
There is a limit to how far we can travel into the stars.
Owner of "The Grand Voyage" addon series
Collaborating with Dangerous_safety for the still developing Cer system

jjcatloaf123

Post #29by jjcatloaf123 » 26.05.2021, 12:55

How do you make the state/province borders appear?

Lepestronik

Post #30by Lepestronik » 26.05.2021, 13:09

jjcatloaf123 wrote:How do you make the state/province borders appear?

These borders appear at high zoom if medres and hires textures were installed (starting from 16k).

You may add these textures manually unpacking medres and highres archives (only /textures folder from both files).

gironde M

Post #31by gironde » 26.05.2021, 18:00

Lepestronik wrote:
The underscore character is automatically replaced with spaces in addsBox.lua and ViDiBaBox.lua when reading tables from config.lua. If you see underscores in the ViDiBa window, then there is probably a failure that is not related to the translator. Please show screenshots.

I don't see underscore and the text in fr.lua is not translated

1) variant with underscore in the name of the file and the Adeona table
file 'Adeona_Family.lua' and table name 'Adeona_Family ='
in config.sys: "Adeona_Family", - AB main family of Adeona
in fr.lua: ["Adeona_Family"] = ".... Adeona family [x]",

picture result
Adeona_Family.jpg

2) variant without underscore in the name of the file and the Adeona table
file 'AdeonaFamily.lua' and table name 'AdeonaFamily ='
in config.sys: "AdeonaFamily", - AB main family of Adeona
in fr.lua: ["AdeonaFamily"] = ".... Adeona family [x]",

picture result
AdeonaFamily.jpg

:hi:

Lepestronik

Post #32by Lepestronik » 27.05.2021, 13:48

gironde wrote:1) variant with underscore in the name of the file and the Adeona table
<...>
in fr.lua: ["Adeona_Family"] = ".... Adeona family [x]",

In this case if you want to make a translation using fr.lua, en.lua etc. you should replace these underscores (from filenames and config tables) with spaces in the section between square brackets ONLY in translation file(s), for example:

Code: Select all

["Adeona Family"] = ".... Adeona family [x]"

saving underscores in filenames and config tables.

gironde M

Post #33by gironde » 27.05.2021, 21:32

Lepestronik wrote
In this case if you want to make a translation using fr.lua, en.lua etc. you should replace these underscores (from filenames and config tables) with spaces in the section between square brackets ONLY in translation file(s)

in this case having to write the same name everywhere without underscore and without space : for example AdeonaFamily

:smile:

Lepestronik

Post #34by Lepestronik » 28.05.2021, 01:58

gironde wrote:
in this case having to write the same name everywhere without underscore and without space : for example AdeonaFamily

:smile:

Just another working method :smile: You may use what you prefer :hi:

We do this because it allows not to fill in the translation file for English language. It's suitable for simple names. But it won't work for more complex names, for example with commas, quotation marks etc. Then it's necessary to use the method that you had described because it's more universal :hi:

jjcatloaf123

Post #35by jjcatloaf123 » 29.05.2021, 00:31

Why don't the rings of Jupiter, Uranus, and/or Neptune ever overlap those planets' equators nor cast shadows onto their surfaces? How do you get the Venus color texture anyway (the default texture is gray)? Should there ever be a continental drift-like feature for the other Solar System objects (besides the dying Solar System feature)?

Topic author
Art Blos M

Post #36by Art Blos » 29.05.2021, 09:50

jjcatloaf123 wrote:Why don't the rings of Jupiter, Uranus, and/or Neptune ever overlap those planets' equators nor cast shadows onto their surfaces?
The rings of these planets are very dim. I am not aware of any photographs in which there would be such shadows.
At the same time, Celestia's rendering will still show shadows. But to solve the problem I deliberately connected the rings not to the planets, but to their "phantom copies".

jjcatloaf123 wrote:How do you get the Venus color texture anyway (the default texture is gray)?
So far, we only have the usual clouds of Venus. The idea of alternative textures for clouds has been brewing for a long time, but a working mechanism has not yet been invented.

jjcatloaf123 wrote:Should there ever be a continental drift-like feature for the other Solar System objects (besides the dying Solar System feature)?
No, continental drift has been found only on Earth.

jjcatloaf123

Post #37by jjcatloaf123 » 29.05.2021, 12:08

Actually, I mean the color surface texture of Venus. And also, the continental drift-like feature for the other Solar System objects would be like to show what the Solar System would probably look like at different life stages. And by the way, what are "phantom copies?"

trappistplanets
With us: 4 years

Post #38by trappistplanets » 29.05.2021, 12:14

jjcatloaf123 wrote:Actually, I mean the color surface texture of Venus. And also, the continental drift-like feature for the other Solar System objects would be like to show what the Solar System would probably look like at different life stages. And by the way, what are "phantom copies?"
the general surface color of venus may be somthing like this
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7398938103 ... 844276957134979142/unknown.png
(my friend askaniy looked at spectrum and helped me guese a color)
There is a limit to how far we can travel into the stars.
Owner of "The Grand Voyage" addon series
Collaborating with Dangerous_safety for the still developing Cer system

Topic author
Art Blos M

Post #39by Art Blos » 29.05.2021, 13:11

jjcatloaf123 wrote:Actually, I mean the color surface texture of Venus.
The surface color can be selected via the context menu (right mouse button).

jjcatloaf123 wrote:And also, the continental drift-like feature for the other Solar System objects would be like to show what the Solar System would probably look like at different life stages.
In any case, we do not have sufficient material and information for this.

jjcatloaf123 wrote:And by the way, what are "phantom copies?"
Invisible objects for technical needs.

jjcatloaf123

Post #40by jjcatloaf123 » 29.05.2021, 14:17

Where does the color for Venus' surface texture come from? Too bad SevenSpheres decided to put his Solar System evolution addon development on hiatus.

Return to “Add-on releases”