Re: Olyv's add-ons

Post #1by John Van Vliet » 06.03.2013, 19:49

it would be nice to SEE real screen shots
and not an "artist's painting "

Hungry4info
With us: 18 years 9 months

Post #2by Hungry4info » 06.03.2013, 21:22

It works the other way around. People download add-ons based on the screenshots they see. That's basic advertising. Provide screenshots if you expect there to be any interest in "your" (if indeed they are yours) add-ons.
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Topic author
John Van Vliet
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #3by John Van Vliet » 07.03.2013, 06:40

one or two here and there is fine
but
where is the link to the original artists that painted the images ?

the mods are being notified to ban you
or
fix things

Apparently you have NOT heeded the warnings from the StarTrek forums that you are ripping off
they have banned a few of your names

also i have asked the motherload to ban a few of the ip's you are using to post " great " , " love it" under different names
--- but the IP address is the same ???

Topic author
John Van Vliet

Post #4by John Van Vliet » 07.03.2013, 08:04

I have already asked you to be banned
it is up to you to PROVE to selden that you should not be .

so
PROVE that you have not broken any of the rules
( minor infractions are fine , but not MAJOR ones )

PS
he is an older gentleman ( my age plus some -sort of -) that dose not not want to be bothered

Dollan
With us: 20 years 6 months

Post #5by Dollan » 12.05.2013, 16:06

These are some interesting add-ons, I have to say. I've been collecting the ones that you've posted links to in this thread, noting that they all seem to work just fine. Odds are, if I ever use them, they will be for some minor fan art. For the most part, I simply like to collect them.

Do you have any other add-ons available anywhere? Not just Star Trek, but any other sci fi series? Or on any subject?

I'm still working on rebuilding by once vast add-on empire that has been lost over the last couple of years :roll:

...John...
"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe..."
--Carl Sagan

Topic author
John Van Vliet

Post #6by John Van Vliet » 12.05.2013, 23:05

Dollan
these meshes and textures for the ships
are NOT cc or gpl
you CAN NOT reuse them without EXPRESS WRITTEN permission from the creators

oly did not make them

Dollan

Post #7by Dollan » 13.05.2013, 00:45

john Van Vliet wrote:Dollan
these meshes and textures for the ships
are NOT cc or gpl
you CAN NOT reuse them without EXPRESS WRITTEN permission from the creators

oly did not make them

Calm your bold lettering, John, I'm well aware of that.
I can, however, use them as I wish for my own purposes, on my own machine. If that wasn't clear in my previous post, my apologies. I am no longer interested in publishing anything, even incidentally, that I make on Celestia or any other program. The art that I make, I make for myself.
...John...
--Carl Sagan

Dollan

Post #8by Dollan » 14.05.2013, 23:20

olyv wrote:
john Van Vliet wrote:Dollan
you CAN NOT reuse them without EXPRESS WRITTEN permission from the creators [/b]

False Jvv !

Most of my add-ons (99%) can be reused in another (non-commercial) add-ons, because creators have given permission.
ONE thing is mandatory : cr?dits for original creators and I, for celestia. :)
I would be honored that one of my add-ons to be used by John Dollan. :)

Well, and again, anything that utilizes others' add-ons are for my own pleasure, on my own computer. Even non-commercially, things will not be published.
I'm getting serious with my ArcBuilder setting, so anything that pertains to it will either be made by myself, or will be commissioned specifically for ArcBuilder usage.
And thank you, Olyv. I do enjoy simply fiddling about with the add-ons, placing the ships in different locations.
--Carl Sagan

farshot
With us: 15 years 2 months

Post #9by farshot » 19.09.2013, 02:20

Greetings from Bridge Commander Central, WileyCoyote here. (I'm using farshot's account, because my own personal account for shatters.net is not activated yet)

I noticed you have released the SS Atlantis, NCC-05 for download. How come I was not notified before you re-named and re-released my ship? I personally have viewed the textures and the mesh you converted and they are exactly the same to the one I created and released in June for Bridge Commander.

In February, I believe Farshot kindly left you a message earlier in this thread about contacting the authors of said ships before releasing. You also have released other ships created by members of the Bridge Commander Central community. Have you also neglected to contact them also?

I do not want to sound harsh, but this has to stop. Right now.

As a CG artist that is providing a service to modders, game developers, and other artists, knowing that my work is being "stolen" without contacting the original creators, starting today, I will stop releasing my work on Filefront/gamefront. This way, I will be able to oversee my own work and how it will be used in the future.

I look forward to your response. Thank you for your time.

Topic author
John Van Vliet

Post #10by John Van Vliet » 19.09.2013, 21:41

farshot
you can contact the moderator "selden"
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=374
he can delete any offending post .
and any that are in violation of the DMCA

all we need is to hear from the legal copyright holder and they will be removed .

Topic author
John Van Vliet

Post #11by John Van Vliet » 20.09.2013, 20:58

Find a solution rather than a lynching,
the solution is for you to provide FULL written documentation
as in provide the written contracts with the content creators .

and full contact information for the original content creators .

there have been many complaints , this in NOT just a "oops" or a slight misunderstanding .

basically you are NOT fallowing the law ( usa or other) , not even the french law .

farshot

Post #12by farshot » 21.09.2013, 23:25

There are several issues, and all of these have been specifically brought up to BDFD/Olyv/J.T.K. numerous, and I mean numerous, times in the past.

I am FarShot, posting as myself, a moderator of the Bridge Commander Central forums and an active community member, and I am speaking on behalf of the entire community.

We have been patient with him before, and it has not paid off.

Many modders have different criteria for how their work should be handled.

Some are fine with only being mentioned in credits. This is a select few, however.
Most, including WileyCoyote, who previously posted here on my account, require that permission first be obtained from them. If you bother to read the readme's that Olyv has so graciously remembered to include for many of the ported ships, you will notice that Wiley's specifically mention permission being obtained before anything is done to his models. I don't have the time to go through the other readme's but many other modders have likewise posted similar notices. BDFD/Olyv/J.T.K. has summarily ignored these requests.

Worse, in our previous efforts to be patient and forgiving, we gave him second chances that he has abused continuously. After promising that his offending behavior has stopped, he continued to port over our community's hard work without our permissions, and he misrepresents them too with incorrect labeling and imagery.

Additionally, this fellow is fond of making multiple accounts for a forum for various nefarious purposes. On this own forum, he was caught pretending to be multiple people in order to support his side of arguments.
On our forum, BCCentral, BDFD made multiple accounts as well in order to circumvent bans once we found his behavior intolerable. He continues this trend, and we once again have been banning more of his shadow accounts.

farshot

Post #13by farshot » 21.09.2013, 23:28

I would like to point out that Olyv's past account, BDFD, was banned on these forums as well. He has no respect for forum administration, that is obvious, and he still continues on.

Hungry4info
With us: 18 years 9 months

Post #14by Hungry4info » 22.09.2013, 07:16

olyv wrote:Wrong, are you paranoid ?
Actually, he's absolutely right. Ever since you started here you've been a pain in the ass and a complete waste of forum space. Why do you think we don't have these problems with anyone else? You're surely intelligent enough to realise that it is your actions that are the problem.

olyv wrote:It is their choice and they are not stupid to broadcast up their admirable work...
It is their choice and just because they don't make the decision you want them to doesn't make them stupid. This is the exact same total lack of respect for the artists who you so shamelessly steal from that causes everyone to hate you. If you had any sense of morality, you would be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

And when an author requires permission to distribute their work, it is still up to you to get their permission before-hand. You can't simply wait some time and decide that because they have not responded, you're free to do whatever the hell you want.

Deny it all you like, olyv, but farshot is absolutely right. We have all been telling you now for months that the problem is with your behaviour. It is rude, it is in some cases illegal, and you continue to seem not to care. What is wrong with you? What form of personality disorder do you have that is keeping you from acting like a mature, responsible adult here?
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Topic author
John Van Vliet

Post #15by John Van Vliet » 22.09.2013, 08:19

Wrong, are you paranoid ?
that right there just got your accounts BANNED

I am not one of the admins BUT seeing as i have been here for 11 years
i DO have pull

and hopefully all your posts removed from the database

fungun
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #16by fungun » 22.09.2013, 13:35

I continue to make quality models for those who are interested.
And there is one of your problems. You did not make any of those models!!
You converted them, that's all. Very misleading.
I warned about this some time ago.

Tim

farshot

Post #17by farshot » 22.09.2013, 18:33

Olyv and Lodgy are the same person by the way. He's doing that thing he does where he supports his own argument by pretending to be different people.

Return to “Add-on releases”