Got a problem with the game and a question

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
miket6065
With us: 20 years 5 months

Got a problem with the game and a question

Post #1by miket6065 » 20.05.2005, 01:16

Now I love this product and I am having a great time exploring the universe. However I recently loaded it on my Dell 9100 laptop and for some reason it locks after about a minute. Anyone got a possible reason why??

Now second question, I have a Dell X30 pocketpc. What are the chances at Celestica or a version of it could be developed for ARM processor PPCs? Is there anyone else that would be interested in watching the universe no matter where they are?

MikeT

BlindedByTheLight
With us: 19 years 3 months

Post #2by BlindedByTheLight » 20.05.2005, 01:40

Others will chime in with more info relative to your particular configuration - however I figured I'd just shoot you a few general trouble-shooting thoughts:

The first is - does the lock-up occur after a minute no matter where you are? Or do you go to the same place and it always locks up there?

Secondly... do you know what kind of graphics chipset your laptop has? Chances are, the problems are stemming from an under-powered graphics card (especially probably the case if you always find it locking up at a certain planet - which means Celestia is probably choking on the texture).

Also, what OS are you using, along with RAM and other computer specs... and which version of Celestia?
Steven Binder, Mac OS X 10.4.10

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 5 months

Re: Got a problem with the game and a question

Post #3by Rassilon » 20.05.2005, 04:14

miket6065 wrote:Now I love this product and I am having a great time exploring the universe. However I recently loaded it on my Dell 9100 laptop and for some reason it locks after about a minute. Anyone got a possible reason why??

Now second question, I have a Dell X30 pocketpc. What are the chances at Celestica or a version of it could be developed for ARM processor PPCs? Is there anyone else that would be interested in watching the universe no matter where they are?

MikeT

The last time I ran Celestia on a Dell laptop it slapped me :P seriosly though you need to specify what video chipset your running before anyone has a clue...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Return to “Celestia Users”