Cassini Space Probe Orbit Rectifications

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Rick
With us: 19 years 3 months

Cassini Space Probe Orbit Rectifications

Post #1by Rick » 29.03.2005, 05:13

8O Hi, I have been following Cassini's journey for a long time now, and I was wondering if there were any add ons for Celestia to increase the accuracy of the Cassini space probe orbiting Saturn. I have noticed that the distance that it is suppose to be from a body (moon) at a specific time in its orbit is far from accurate. JPL has fired Cassini's engines a number of times to tweak its orbit, to improve data and pics,etc. Has anyone produced new orbiting data add ons to rectify this? Also are there any new add ons ( Saturns moons) due to more recent discoveries of terraine textures?, thank you,
Rick

The Singing Badger
With us: 20 years 6 months

Post #2by The Singing Badger » 29.03.2005, 12:46

Hi,

If you look on the 'Celestia Users' forum you'll find t00fri's excellent and completely up-to-date textures of Titan and Iapetus.

For the other moons, check out Steve Albers' page:

http://laps.fsl.noaa.gov/albers/sos/sos.html

Topic author
Rick
With us: 19 years 3 months

Post #3by Rick » 29.03.2005, 16:15

:P Thanks for the info, but I need to ask, do I have to remove the old moon before I put in the new textured moon add on to the up date? Do I put it into the add on folder? What about orbit rectification of Cassini? :?: Please let me know,
Rick

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 3 months

Post #4by t00fri » 29.03.2005, 16:22

Rick wrote::P Thanks for the info, but I need to ask, do I have to remove the old moon before I put in the new textured moon add on to the up date? Do I put it into the add on folder? What about orbit rectification of Cassini? :?: Please let me know,
Rick

Nothing to remove!

Just download the *.zip archives and unpack them in the 'extras' directory. That's all. No modifications of the original moon textures necessary!

Enjoy,

Bye Fridger

Return to “Celestia Users”