Celestia registry settings reset?

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
timcrews
With us: 21 years 10 months

Celestia registry settings reset?

Post #1by timcrews » 07.01.2004, 06:00

Hello:

Windows XP SP1, Celestia 1.3.1 .

All of a sudden, now when I start Celestia the screen goes blank, flashes lots of weird horizontal lines with superimposed circles and random Windows icons, etc. CTRL-ALT-DELETE doesn't even snap out of it. I still have a mouse cursor, amazingly, but I haven't found anything worth clicking on.

I have been running the same configuration for a week now with no problem. The problem appeared between two runs where no configuration changes were made.

I was able to remotely kill the Celestia.exe process from another computer, and regained control of the computer running Celestia. (This was very good news, since I was just a few seconds away from hitting the "submit" button on a lengthy Textures forum post when the lockup occurred.)

Anyway, I suppose there might be a registry setting somewhere, perhaps controlling the initial resolution and full-screen mode, that I can reset? The problem seems to be occurring on a screen resolution switch.

Thanks for any advice,
Tim Crews

Topic author
timcrews
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #2by timcrews » 07.01.2004, 15:34

It wasn't the registry settings. I found them, and reset them (after saving them away), but Celestia still died.

So then I re-installed Celestia, and Celestia worked. I restored my original registry settings, and Celestia still worked.

Tim Crews

Return to “Celestia Users”