Dwarf Planets in Sun's right-click menu?

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1)
With us: 16 years 1 month

Dwarf Planets in Sun's right-click menu?

Post #1by SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1) » 02.12.2008, 20:57

Hello

I have the following proposal:

In Sun's right-click menu there is a sub-menu "Orbiting Bodies" with the following categories: "Planets", "Asteroids", "Comets", and "Spacecraft". There is also "Pluto-Charon". I think, it would be better to introduce new "Dwarf Planets" category, which would contain "Pluto-Charon" and all other dwarf planets.

What do you think?

Paul
"Physicists know what's important, but they don't know what is true. Mathematicians know what's true, but they don't know what is important."

Reiko
With us: 17 years 8 months

Re: Dwarf Planets in Sun's right-click menu?

Post #2by Reiko » 02.12.2008, 21:16

There is a dwarf planets category in 1.6.0 but it doesn't include pluto-charon for some reason.

Topic author
SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1)

Post #3by SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1) » 02.12.2008, 23:01

Reiko,

I'm affraid you didn't understand me. I know, that generally there is a dwarf planets category in the latest SVN and Pluto actually belongs to this category. I only wrote that dwarf planets are absent in Sun's right-click menu

Paul
"Physicists know what's important, but they don't know what is true. Mathematicians know what's true, but they don't know what is important."

Topic author
SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1)

Post #4by SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1) » 03.12.2008, 23:36

I'm not sure, but it looks like introducing my proposal is easier, than I thought.

I think it's enough to modify the file "winmain.cpp". It contains the following function:

Code: Select all

static HMENU CreatePlanetarySystemMenu(string parentName, const PlanetarySystem* psys)

There are no dwarf planets in this function in the latest version of "winmain.cpp" (r4516). I've downloaded this file and modified that function by introducing dwarf planets. I'm not sure, whether I've done it correctly :roll:. Is anyone interested in my version of "winmain.cpp" ?

Paul

Return to “Celestia Users”