My celestia works!

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Tavotrio
With us: 16 years

My celestia works!

Post #1by Tavotrio » 24.06.2008, 11:14

Hey every one! I'm new on Celestia (discovred it 2 weeks ago lol) so I'm new on this...

I took lot of time to learn how to work with .SSC files, you know.. allways some thing is not writen well and we can't find it blabla..
Learn how to work with photoshop took some days too lol

My texture of Mars's Ice Age between 2.1 million and 400,000 years ago, when Mars's axial tilt is believed to have been much larger than today.

Snowball Earth during the Cryogenian period, from 790 to 630 million years ago.

Now Tavotrio System, a system of binaries, 2 suns with 2 binary of giant gas planets with one pair of binary moons lol I made some simulations on orbital simulators a every thing is stable for few thounsands years, I just have the demo :lol:
All textures are from add-ons I'm working on the orbits and etc for now..

You can see the 2 eclipse shadows on the planet

The same eclipse shadows but when the suns are more alined the 2 shadow fuse

A nice view,you can see the diferent lumisosity on th gas planet's surface and on the rings!

Now the problem lol
The white body is the Barycenter amplied. The gas planet shadow appear in the Barycenter but not on the twin planets.. but witch twin planet make it's shadow on the other twin planet... Why? How to fix? The brown moon arround the planet on the right don't make it's shodow too... as I understant secondary moons have problems witt the sadows...

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Re: My celestia works!

Post #2by selden » 24.06.2008, 15:35

If I understand you correctly, you'd like shadows to be cast from one planet onto another or onto the moons of a different planet.

Which version of Celestia are you running?

V1.5.1 and previous only cast shadows between planets and their associated satellites.

Chris has mentioned the possibility of improving shadowcasting in v1.6.0 so that casting shadows among planets would be possible, but I don't think that code has been written yet.
Selden

Topic author
Tavotrio

Post #3by Tavotrio » 24.06.2008, 17:02

Yes I have 1.5.1... , the problem is that moon's satelites (planets orbiting a moon of the main planet ) don't have the eclipse shadows of the main planet and they don't make eclipse shadows on the main planet

BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 8 months

Post #4by BobHegwood » 24.06.2008, 17:37

Tavotrio wrote:Yes I have 1.5.1... , the problem is that moon's satelites (planets orbiting a moon of the main planet ) don't have the eclipse shadows of the main planet and they don't make eclipse shadows on the main planet

At the risk of spouting off uninvited once again, have you cycled through the various render paths using CTRL-V to see the effects?
Just a thought... :wink:
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

Topic author
Tavotrio

Post #5by Tavotrio » 24.06.2008, 22:51

render paths ??? I don't think so.. I just added the binary stars on spectbins.STC and all the rest was copy a SSC file from an add-on and change it...

BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 8 months

Post #6by BobHegwood » 25.06.2008, 02:45

Tavotrio wrote:render paths ??? I don't think so.. I just added the binary stars on spectbins.STC and all the rest was copy a SSC file from an add-on and change it...

What I am trying to say is that you could well be displaying the shadows you seek, but your graphics card may not be showing the results on your screen because of the render path you are using. Try this here... When you expect to see a shadow, hit the "k" button to slow the time rate down to a crawl, and then press your CTRL key and the "v" key at the same time to see if a different render path WILL display your shadows. Believe me, there are plenty of reasons why this could be a problem for you.

Was just trying to help, but if you already know what you are doing, then I'll simply shut my face now.
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

Topic author
Tavotrio

Post #7by Tavotrio » 25.06.2008, 18:21

AH! Now I understand lol But it was on the right render path don't work...

Selden said that v1.6.1 have a shadowcasting improved I will try run it on 1.6.1 and seeif have the same problem..

Return to “Celestia Users”