Celestia 1.5.0pre3

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
cvt
With us: 16 years 7 months

Post #61by cvt » 04.10.2007, 02:05

Can you tell me if the fisheye/dome rendering will soon be available for Celestia. I have read all the posts refering to fisheye projection and have read it was being worked on but I don't see it in the list of added features/changes to the new revision. I'm sure I'm not alone in patiently waiting for this needed upgrade to happen. Celestia would be perfect for small middle/high school domes. I think it would really keep a young, easily distracted student involved. Thanks for all your hard work.

TutliQ
With us: 16 years 7 months

Post #62by TutliQ » 13.10.2007, 13:46

Well... I don't know exactly is it a specific feature of new version (1.5.0pre3) or maybe it's a problem of my computer, but I can't see the flare around the stars. The Sun and other stars seem like balls with sharp edges. The file flare.jpg is at its standart place (folder "textures") and I didn't change it.

Ivvi
With us: 18 years 1 month

Post #63by Ivvi » 18.10.2007, 20:01

TutliQ wrote:Well... I don't know exactly is it a specific feature of new version (1.5.0pre3) or maybe it's a problem of my computer, but I can't see the flare around the stars. The Sun and other stars seem like balls with sharp edges. The file flare.jpg is at its standart place (folder "textures") and I didn't change it.

You may visit the thread http://www.celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic ... f829e8da6a (located in Celestia Bugs section) to read what people say about exactly the same thing that bothers you.

Return to “Celestia Users”