NASA

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
trenner
With us: 22 years

NASA

Post #1by trenner » 01.01.2007, 20:52

Wasn't too sure where to ask this. Is anyone else having trouble getting to any of the NASA web pages? I haven't been able to check on any of the space craft in the past few days

Regards
Terry Renner

selden
Developer

Post #2by selden » 01.01.2007, 22:11

Which pages in particular?
I'm having no problems getting to the Mars and Cassini sites at
http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/
and
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassi ... index.html

The "traceroute" command will show if any routers are out between you and the site you're trying to reach. Windows spells it "tracert", just to be different.

p.s. there have been some Internet problems caused by the recent earthquake in Taiwan, which took out several major undersea communications cables. The Web server of the lab where I work was unavailble twice today due to what seems to be router problems causing Web accesses from some Asian sites to generate an extreme number of incomplete page requests.

See http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_4925998
Selden

Topic author
trenner

NASA

Post #3by trenner » 01.01.2007, 23:01

Must be between me and "them". I am able to bring up ESA pages. Not Hubblesourse.

The windows run command doesn't reject that "tracert". It just gobbles it up and disappears.

I was under the assumption that land lines were history, and we were totally using satelites. I guess this proves this isn't the case.

Regards
Terry

symaski62
With us: 20 years 4 months

Post #4by symaski62 » 02.01.2007, 03:19

8O ECLIPSE !!!!!!!!!
windows 10 directX 12 version
celestia 1.7.0 64 bits
with a general handicap of 80% and it makes much d' efforts for the community and s' expimer, thank you d' to be understanding.

selden
Developer

Post #5by selden » 02.01.2007, 13:12

Unfortunately, satellites simply don't have the necessary bandwidth.

You can use the output of tracert/traceroute as evidence and contact your ISP to have them contact the appropriate people about the problem.
Selden

LordFerret M
With us: 18 years 1 month

Re: NASA

Post #6by LordFerret » 04.01.2007, 04:53

trenner wrote:Must be between me and "them". I am able to bring up ESA pages. Not Hubblesourse.

The windows run command doesn't reject that "tracert". It just gobbles it up and disappears.

I was under the assumption that land lines were history, and we were totally using satelites. I guess this proves this isn't the case.

Regards
Terry

Open up a DOS session window (Start \ All Programs \ Accessories \ Comand Prompt) and then type in the "tracert" command. Typing in "tracert" alone with no parameters will generate a list of options available. When you're all done, type in "exit" to end the session and close the window. If you're running a firewall, such as ZoneAlarm, you'll likely need to give tracert permission to access the web.

Land-lines will never dissappear... at least not for the next century anyway. :wink:

Topic author
trenner

nasa

Post #7by trenner » 04.01.2007, 20:27

It feels a bit sacrilegious to be dabbling in DOS again....
I'm getting a bit over my head here, so I will attempt to email the Telus server. I still can't pull up any NASA web pages. Thanks for the guidance

Regards
Terry

Return to “Celestia Users”