Latitude/Longitude as an add on

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Iowa Tom
With us: 17 years 11 months

Latitude/Longitude as an add on

Post #1by Iowa Tom » 29.10.2006, 22:27

At the Motherload website I looked for the add-on for the Earth's latitude and longitude but came up empty. Can someone direct me to that resource? I didn't see it as something that I can simply display with the click of the mouse so I assume I have to download it. I am most interested in the equator.

Thanks!

Tom

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #2by fsgregs » 30.10.2006, 02:11

Dear Iowa tom:

A latitude and longitude grid map does exist for Earth. It includes not only Lat and Longitude lines every 15 degrees, but also includes the Equator, Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, the Arctic and Antarctic Circles and the Prime Meridian. I developed it for an educational activity I was doing. It is based on a grid map originally developed by Grant Hutchison, one of the forum's foremost contributors.

The grid has not been available as a stand-alone add-on, but had to be gotten by downloading a much larger package of educational add-ons. I have now corrected that. I have just sent the Lat/Long grid to the Motherlode as an add-on. Look for it in the Earth texture map section in a few days (Motherlode takes a few days to update add-ons). If you need it immediately, email me and I will send you the zip file.

Here is a screenshot (click on the picture)

Enjoy

Frank

Adirondack M
With us: 20 years 7 months

Post #3by Adirondack » 30.10.2006, 15:00

fsgregs wrote:I have just sent the Lat/Long grid to the Motherlode as an add-on. Look for it in the Earth texture map section in a few days (Motherlode takes a few days to update add-ons).

Frank, today I have been quick. :lol: :P :lol:

Adirondack
We all live under the same sky, but we do not have the same horizon. (K. Adenauer)
The horizon of some people is a circle with the radius zero - and they call it their point of view. (A. Einstein)

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #4by fsgregs » 03.11.2006, 01:57

The Grid is now available on the Motherlode at:

http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/earth.php

Thanks Adirondack

Enjoy

Frank

Return to “Celestia Users”