Signature images.

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.

What do people think about signature images?

Hate them
27%
Like them
12%
Keep them small and relevent
62%

Total votes: 26

-Shadow-
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #41by -Shadow- » 01.07.2003, 21:52

When Celestial Visions comes back we could continue the Altair disscussion there.I have an idea for Avatars I have my own phpbb2 board so i know you can switch the avatars on. Maybe the people who have 150+ posts can have the ability to have avatars?

"Certain it is and sure: love burns, ale burns, fire burns, politics burns, but cold were life without them." - Romulan proverb

abiogenesis
With us: 22 years 3 months

Post #42by abiogenesis » 01.07.2003, 21:57

-Shadow- wrote:Maybe the people who have 150+ posts can have the ability to have avatars?

The number of posts is generally not a good mesure of a poster's contribution to a message board.

- a b i o g e n e s i s -

-Shadow-

Post #43by -Shadow- » 01.07.2003, 22:29

Well theres not really anything else you can do, unless...
The admin gives certain people the ability to have one for the ones who deserve it.
That would work better wouldn't it?

"Certain it is and sure: love burns, ale burns, fire burns, politics burns, but cold were life without them." - Romulan proverb

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #44by Rassilon » 01.07.2003, 22:30

There will be no special privilages given to people with high post count on my boards..

t00fri wrote:
LadyHawke wrote:...
Your Lady has gone back to being the quiet observer...not having anything relevant to add to celestial discussions...and not wanting to take things off topic and annoy anyone...

I'll be in my quiet place on Altair....you know where to find me...

Lady, here is a little story for you:

Altair is a great multiple star in Aquila to look at from Earth...

I happened to be in that system about three years ago with the two
women I love: my wife and my daughter. We landed on a small planet the
name of which we did not know.

It was horrible!

Lots of nasty insects. No night for a good
sleep. Whenever one of those multiple Altairs set down, another one rose
up. The light was also strange (Spectral class A7, remember?)

My "ladies" put lots of pressure on me to get back home as soon as
possible (note I had a little engine problem...). They wanted to get
into contact again with real life, with nice people, learn about their
problems, laugh with them etc.

Now here is my question for you: Why do you still like it on
Altair?

Bye Fridger

That was Jasa's third moon Zep...A dreary place...Altair or the equivalent of Jasa's second moon however is a paradise...due to the fact its mostly artifically moderated by alien weather control stations...Altarians are humanoid creatures with translucent skin similar in nature to that of pearl and they communicate telepathically...well mostly...some is a form of musical communication so most of thier language is without word but with sympathy...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

-Shadow-

Post #45by -Shadow- » 01.07.2003, 22:35

-Shadow- wrote:The admin could give certain people the ability to have one for the ones who deserve it.
That would work better wouldn't it?

I wrote that a few seconds before you posted
becasue I remembered other possibilities.
This reminds me of certain mayhem caused by people posting at almost the same in something called "word association" around a year ago.

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #46by t00fri » 01.07.2003, 22:40

Rassilon wrote:
That was Jasa's third moon Zep...A dreary place...Altair or the equivalent of Jasa's second moon however is a paradise...due to the fact its mostly artifically moderated by alien weather control stations...Altarians are humanoid creatures with translucent skin similar in nature to that of pearl and they communicate telepathically...well mostly...some is a form of musical communication so most of thier language is without word but with sympathy...

Hey Rass':

I sense that Lady H's Unicorn just understood my little story perfectly well. Perhaps that horrible planet was indeed Zep. But to Lady H's Unicorn this does not seem to be important;-)

Bye Fridger
Last edited by t00fri on 01.07.2003, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #47by Rassilon » 01.07.2003, 22:50

I really cannot answer that one...Suppose the Unicorn misread the intentions and fleed the scene...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Return to “Celestia Users”