Old Pictures from Celestia (locked)

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
zhar2
With us: 16 years 3 months

Re: Post your Celestia pictures!

Post #221by zhar2 » 16.05.2008, 20:47

star trek-Tellar in development.

ajtribick
Developer
With us: 20 years 10 months

Post #222by ajtribick » 24.05.2008, 18:40

Sunset on Saturn with Titan and ring shadows. I quite like the ghostly effect of the near-invisible ring system in the sky.

Reiko
With us: 17 years 9 months

Post #223by Reiko » 13.06.2008, 20:14

Reworked Klingon homeworld.
I made the textures via LunarCell and the clouds are by Harald Schmidt.
The Klingon cruiser comes from Jestr's original Klingon pack which I think he got from the wolpak 3D.

TheJollyRajah
With us: 16 years

Post #224by TheJollyRajah » 18.06.2008, 03:53

Okay picture I guess. It's the Boomerang Nebula.

Spaceman M
With us: 17 years 4 months

Post #225by Spaceman » 18.06.2008, 16:52

A mix of eburacum45's Betelgeuse for Orion's Arm and fungun's Betelgeuse System for Star Trek :D

bet.jpg
"Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from God"
Michael Shermer

My addons: Nemesis, Ursa Minor Dwarf Galaxy Stars

fungun
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #226by fungun » 18.06.2008, 22:57

Star Trek's Spacedock in orbit around Earth.
Spacedock is a model Seldon fixed for me.
Original is found here -http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

Reiko

Post #227by Reiko » 21.06.2008, 22:23

fungun wrote:Star Trek's Spacedock in orbit around Earth.
Spacedock is a model Seldon fixed for me.
Original is found here -http://www.trekmeshes.ch/
Where can one get the fixed version?

fungun
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #228by fungun » 21.06.2008, 22:46

If it's ok with Seldon I can email it to ya.
Tim

Reiko

Post #229by Reiko » 21.06.2008, 23:38

fungun wrote:If it's ok with Seldon I can email it to ya.
Tim
Thanks! :)

Reiko

Post #230by Reiko » 25.06.2008, 21:57

Sunrise on Andoria. These are beauty shots of zhar2's Andorian system :)

zhar2
With us: 16 years 3 months

Post #231by zhar2 » 26.06.2008, 09:26

Tnx :oops: :)

I hope youl like my V3 on the works and the tellar system too (right now im making modles for them, with textures).

bh
With us: 21 years 6 months

Post #232by bh » 26.06.2008, 09:35

Super shots Reiko... beautiful!
regards...bh.

Royofsaltfleet

Post #233by Royofsaltfleet » 26.06.2008, 16:22

Ross 154Merlin
Anyone remember Fronteir Elite 2?
Anyone remember Sirroco Starport where you started off?
Have a look at this and tell me it doesnt look the same!
Merlin View.JPG
Khan
Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold?
Its Very Cold in Space

Royofsaltfleet

Post #234by Royofsaltfleet » 03.07.2008, 08:55

Independence is a part of a double world in the same orbit as New Australia placing it in the comfort zone of Epsilon Eridani; however both planets had a noxious atmosphere and were sterile. Both became candidates for terraformation and work was begun soon after colonisation. Independence was completed first thanks to a risky method that involved the nucleosynthesis of atmospheric elements replacing the atmosphere in one go. It worked and now the world is being cultivated. The atmosphere processors are still working until enough plant life has been established to bring the atmosphere into self-regulating stability. As it stands the world is covered in 40% standing water and most of the landmass is rocky highland mountains, a throwback from the tremulous geological past. As far as human civilisation is concerned the plant life is sufficient for self-sufficiency. But on a planetary scale, if the atmosphere processors were shut down, it would revert to its former state in as little as 100 years.
Experiment is the second world in the double system. Virtually identical in both mass, geological history, and atmosphere, it was a perfect candidate for parallel terraformation methods. This world was terraformed using traditional methods. This meant that the teraformation process was more successful in generating a self-sufficient biosphere and atmosphere. It took 438 years to complete though. As opposed to 85 years used in the terraformation of Independence. The world however had virtually no water content and as such material from Epsilon Eridani’s Kuiper belt has been directed towards this world. Complex mathematical calculations processed on the planets supercomputers determine exactly the trajectory of the cometry material so it impacts Experiment as opposed to Independence and also impacts in the right place. Experiment and Independence are tidally locked to each other, so on both worlds the sister planet appears to hang in the sky. They rotate around their common centre in about 1 and a half days. When Experiment was finished it was given over to social scientists that stranded a group of 50,000 humans on the surface with only Iron Age technology, despite being ethically questionable, this new experiment hasn’t been opposed by the alliance. The aim is to see how humans evolve socially to gain interplanetary flight. It’s expected to run for another 400 years.

Epsilon Eridani
Double Planet - Independence and Experiment - 3rd July 2874
Khan
Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold?
Its Very Cold in Space

cljohnston108
With us: 19 years

Post #235by cljohnston108 » 03.07.2008, 13:14

Here's one I made just after figuring out (with selden's help) how to set the current position of ISS.
I can hardly wait until the next shuttle mission, so I can be looking at Celestia with NASA-TV audio during an EVA, when the PAO says, "...and the astronauts are now enjoying an orbital sunrise..."
Man, I love this program!

Orbital_Dawn_Lo-Rez.jpg

Royofsaltfleet

Post #236by Royofsaltfleet » 04.07.2008, 21:47

Eta Cassiopeia
New France - July 4th 2351
One Day before the Imperial Colony ship Gemini Decelerates into orbit after making the Decades long journey from Sol

The last day in its pristine natural beauty before human explorers begin to walk across the surface and contaminate it irrevocably, starting the planet on its long slow decline. Another Holocene extinction event is approaching another world

WORLD DATA

System Primary : Eta Cassiopeia A – 19.4 Light years from Sol
Planetary Primary: Between – Super Jovian type world 1.13 AU from Eta Cas A
127800Km Radius, 1647 Earth Masses
New France: EuGaian – Earth ecosystem analogue (incompatible biochemistry for the most part) 6517Km Radius, 0.991 Earth Masses,
Orbits in 4 days, rotates in 18.91 Hours
Khan
Its Very Cold in Space

Royofsaltfleet

Post #237by Royofsaltfleet » 04.07.2008, 22:29

Delta Pavonis
Duval - August 21st 3087
The desert planet of Duval has little been affected by human presence over the years. Mistaken for a dead Venusian type planet it was neglected for 11 years by the small group of humans who had been sent to colonise Delta Pavonis. When they arrived here in 2361 they found a harsh desert world where hardy life forms thrived. A single sea about 2 times the size of the Mediterranean constituted most of the surface water on this world and the tiny area of savannah and grassland became the home of the human colonists

The harsh planet inspired religion in the colonists and many old religions, Christianity, Islam and Buddhism began to dominate the society. Islam grew the most and despite numerous wars with the empire, the first ever entirely religious planetary government Formed. After the Collapse of the empire Peace and prosperity reigned as Muslim pilgrims from all over the galaxy, make Duval and its ruined Cities part of the Hajj

The ruined shrine in the destroyed city of New Damascus is a must for any Pilgrim and the shining Mosque of New Mecca (the dome lit by a Fusion Torch.) is a wonder of the Galaxy.
Khan
Its Very Cold in Space

Royofsaltfleet

Post #238by Royofsaltfleet » 07.07.2008, 00:01

Epsilon Indi A
Helios/Hecate - 07 August 2671

Helios Orbited Epsilon Indi A so close it was within its atmosphere
Ever since its formation 1.5 Billion years previously, it has been migrating in system under the combined influence of Savannah, Epsilon Indi A's largest gas giant, and the dissipating Solar Nebula. By the time Humanity entered the system in 2332 Helios and its moon Hecate were only 1.5 million miles from the star itself. They had transformed into geologically unstable, volcanic nightmares, creating a thick Carbon dioxide atmosphere heating the little worlds to 1500K - they literally glowed in the Dark

Being composed of mostly metals that hadn’t differentiated yet, they were a massive source of materials and soon daring workers were living in the Twilight Zone running extraction operations. But it wasn’t to last. Volcanic pressure was mounting as the worlds were deep within the Roche Stability limit and the worlds were shaking themselves apart. Scientists warned that the worlds could be gone within the century. The miners Took no heed and carried on regardless, "there'll be plenty of warning from Helios before it breaks up" on the 8th August 2671 a chunk of crust the area of Australia lifted from the dayside and broke up, Hecate ploughed into the Debris ring, 1657 Miners Lost their lives as a habitation shell was in the Pyroclastic flow of one of the impact sites. Soon Helios was too unstable to mine and the remaining 10000 miners retreated to Savannah Space and left the twin worlds to their fate. Six years later Helios and Hecate broke up completely and now Epsilon Indi A is surrounded by a thinning Debris ring as the remains of the worlds plunge into the star
Khan
Its Very Cold in Space

bh
With us: 21 years 6 months

Post #239by bh » 09.07.2008, 11:46

It's nearly 39 years ago... blimey!

Click for larger...
My fave model at the moment... cheers Chris... great job.
regards...bh.

Cham M
With us: 20 years 5 months

Post #240by Cham » 09.07.2008, 14:03

Where can we download that model ?
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

Return to “Celestia Users”