New Celestia-1.4.0pre-FT1.2 Version for Download

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Sui Ota
With us: 18 years 11 months

Post #201by Sui Ota » 14.12.2005, 16:55

I got 1.4.0pre8, and checked improvement from FT1.2, like changing time scale while simulation is paused,

..that's great!!! Thanks for creators a lot!!! :D

And I noticed:
1)
Some star's label, Sirius, Procyon, Alpha Centauri, etc. are not displayed.
This is caused in binary stars; It may be happen because that only stars itself, not including barycenters, are allowed to display their label. How inconvenient not to be able to see major star's name!

2)
I think there is also still room for improvement of culling labels for satellites.
When I observe Jupiter from surface of Earth (and Mars, such as a place in enough distance from Jupiter), with turning on the label of satellites, there are "green cluster" in the direction of Jupiter! It is not good thing.
(Of cource, it is only necessary to turn off the label of satellites, but it also hides Moon's label!)

This thread is not for 1.4.0pre8, but these problems already exist since former 1.4.0preX (Second case is even before 1.4.0.), of cource including FT1.2.
To be exact, they may not be bugs, but I just wanted to point out them before 1.4.0 final is released.... :)

-Sui

Boux
With us: 20 years 1 month

Post #202by Boux » 14.12.2005, 21:54

Hi, there,
I have just built the latest cvs tree on my completely brand new redone Linux box (hardware and OS).
Runs great.
No problem so far.
Config and make went without a hitch.
Good job all you dev guys :D
Now I will put my hands under the hood and tweak it to my taste as usual :wink:

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #203by fsgregs » 14.12.2005, 22:34

Hi

Has a link to a Windows build of 1.4.0pre8 been created yet? Where can I download the new CVS build with FT 1.2's new improvements?

Frank

Topic author
t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #204by t00fri » 14.12.2005, 22:47

fsgregs wrote:Hi

Has a link to a Windows build of 1.4.0pre8 been created yet? Where can I download the new CVS build with FT 1.2's new improvements?

Frank

http://www.celestiaproject.net/~claurel/celest ... .0pre8.exe

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #205by fsgregs » 15.12.2005, 19:38

Fridger and Toti:

Thanks for the link to 1.4.0pre8. It is looking really great.

FYI, found a minor bug. The new nebulae box in the render view options menu is buggy. Here is what happens:

1. When the program opens, Nebulae are turned on by default. Looks good. However, when you examine the nebulae box in the render view options menu, it is not checked as it should be. It is unchecked. When you check it, the nebulae turn OFF.

2. Now, close the view menu box and reopen it. Nebula are still off but the box has not retained it's check mark. It is again unchecked. Now, check it once more. This time, the nebula now turn on.

3. Close the box and reopen it. Nebula are again unchecked, even through they are on. Checking the box turns them off again.

It seems the new nebula render view options box is not remembering whether it was checked or unchecked, and is not assigning flags on or off properly.

Also, I recall you mentioning some time ago that you had coded a new render flag command for the start.cel which will turn nebulae on or off. I think it was phrased as: renderflags {clear "nebulae"} or renderflags {set "nebulae"}. I tried them and it had no effect on nebulae appearing or not. Did you remove the code, or is there some different phrasing??

Thanks again for all your work.

Frank

Topic author
t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #206by t00fri » 15.12.2005, 19:49

fsgregs wrote:Fridger and Toti:

Thanks for the link to 1.4.0pre8. It is looking really great.

FYI, found a minor bug. The new nebulae box in the render view options menu is buggy. Here is what happens:

1. When the program opens, Nebulae are turned on by default. Looks good. However, when you examine the nebulae box in the render view options menu, it is not checked as it should be. It is unchecked. When you check it, the nebulae turn OFF.

2. Now, close the view menu box and reopen it. Nebula are still off but the box has not retained it's check mark. It is again unchecked. Now, check it once more. This time, the nebula now turn on.

3. Close the box and reopen it. Nebula are again unchecked, even through they are on. Checking the box turns them off again.

It seems the new nebula render view options box is not remembering whether it was checked or unchecked, and is not assigning flags on or off properly.

Also, I recall you mentioning some time ago that you had coded a new render flag command for the start.cel which will turn nebulae on or off. I think it was phrased as: renderflags {clear "nebulae"} or renderflags {set "nebulae"}. I tried them and it had no effect on nebulae appearing or not. Did you remove the code, or is there some different phrasing??

Thanks again for all your work.

Frank

Frank,

Chris, added these in the windows version and has meanwhile released another pre-version in which this and some other new buggies are fixed:

http://www.celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=24

Enjoy,
Bye Fridger

Return to “Celestia Users”