Matrox Parhelia: no fullscreen mode

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
parduz
With us: 21 years 2 months

Matrox Parhelia: no fullscreen mode

Post #1by parduz » 02.10.2006, 14:12

I've just installed Celestia in my office, where i have a Matrox Parhelia configured with 2 indipendent monitor.
Switching in fullscreen mode, at any resolution, result in a ultra low resolution with only the cursor visible (and moving).
Swithing back to windowed mode does not restore the view: i will always have a black window with the cursor. I have to close and rerun celestia.
What i'm doing wrong? or is something we can't fix?

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #2by selden » 02.10.2006, 14:27

The first thing to verify is that you have the current Parhelia graphics drivers from Matrox. Updated versions were released at the end of August.

Drivers are available at
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drive ... t/home.cfm

There are 4 different Parhelia graphics adaptors, so be sure you get the correct one.

Also, whatever professional design software is installed on the system may restrict which drivers may be used, so you might not be allowed to update them.

See http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drive ... e/home.cfm
Selden

Topic author
parduz

Post #3by parduz » 02.10.2006, 17:28

selden wrote:The first thing to verify is that you have the current Parhelia graphics drivers from Matrox. Updated versions were released at the end of August.
Pretty sure about this, anyway i'm at home downloading the latest drivers (no web at office)

selden wrote:Also, whatever professional design software is installed on the system may restrict which drivers may be used, so you might not be allowed to update them.

This is not a problem: i only have Borland developing stuffs in my PC.

If this help, i was using the v.1.3.0 before (with an old Sys305 gc), and with the new Matrox i've got the same problem (that's the reason i've installed the 1.4.1).

Boux
With us: 19 years 10 months

Post #4by Boux » 02.10.2006, 19:19

parduz wrote:### I'm italian, pls excuse my poor english ###
<< I'll be back...>>

Hi Parduz,
First, do not apologize for your English.
This is an international community. Natives themselves use dodgy English sometimes.
Second, you'll be back, for sure :D
The Matrox card should work with basic rendering paths in windowed mode.
Just be aware that Celestia is Nvidia friendly to begin with.
What is your OS?
If it is Windows 2000, then there are known problems with switching to fullscreen with the alt-enter combo or with command-line argument.
You better open menu "Render/Select display mode" and choose manually the resolution you want Celestia to run at from there.
The problem could also be in you having a dual-screen display which will not run OpenGl across two screens.
You may want to try single-display to see what happens.
Intel core i7 3770 Ivy Bridge @ 4.4 GHz -16 GB ram - 128 GB SSD cache - AMD Radeon 7970 3 GB o'clocked - Windows 7 64 Ultimate / Linux Kubuntu

Topic author
parduz

Post #5by parduz » 02.10.2006, 21:27

Boux:
I run XP pro, on a P4 1.5Ghz, 768Mb Ram.
The Matrox is a AGP with 128Mb.
I always switch using the menu command (at least the first time i go in fullscreen mode).
About the 2 monitors, they (should) works indipendently: other apps run fine in fullscreen (using only the primary monitor, as the dual monitor set is not a "wide" desktop, but two separate monitor with different resolution, the 2nd is only a place to put apps) while on the 2nd i still have "ordinary" windows (explorer, firewall blocking questions, and so on).

I will change my signature soon ;)

Return to “Celestia Users”