It´s unbeliveable.Nothing new happens in Celestia

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
buggs_moran
With us: 20 years

Post #21by buggs_moran » 03.06.2006, 23:23

Yeah me too. It was so beautiful I stopped taking pictures (dumb) just to drink it all in. They have it apart at all of the stages too. That is an actual unused Saturn V, not a model...

Of course there is a plethora of info on Apollo already. Much more than Pioneer so Chris will have very little searching to do.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/history/apollo/apollo.htm
Homebrew:
WinXP Pro SP2
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 3000/333 2.16 GHz
1 GB Crucial RAM
80 GB WD SATA drive
ATI AIW 9600XT 128M

DonAVP
With us: 18 years 10 months

Re: It??s unbeliveable.Nothing new happens in Celestia

Post #22by DonAVP » 04.06.2006, 00:49

I think you have done just the opposite of what you expected from your rant. Who elected you project manager? :x

I have been on board sense late last year. This is a cool program and cool community with one exception YOU. In that short time I have written and posted a script and contributed a model of the CEV for future addons. h Don't know how long you have been around but that is not the point. I don't usally get into flame wars so I am going to count to ten and stop. Just take the advice that has been posted about your responsablity.

Don
danielj wrote:Even Steve Albers didn??t create new textures for saturnian moons.There had been several months and almost NONE real addon have been created.Is it lazyness?Not only this.For the first time,no world about Celestia 1.4.2 pre something.I think Celestia is almost dead.Tons of fictious addons are not good enough.The only addons created in the last months was for Earth and Mars and only a few.And Earth BMNG is a piece of crap,because when you get near,the texture become high pixalated and the coastal lines are very rough,appearing to be done by hand.What is happening with this program?Don??t we have enough data?
Don't know anything

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Re: It??s unbeliveable.Nothing new happens in Celestia

Post #23by ElChristou » 04.06.2006, 02:45

buggs_moran wrote:
ElChristou wrote:Yep, and if you really want to see more stuff quickly, you can start browsing for all available close-up for Voyager... next, for Gemini, next... for Apollo... next for...

Chris,

I don't know if these will come in handy for Apollo when you need them. I took these when I was at Kennedy Space Center in March. I have higher resolution if you need them. There aren't many, but every little bit counts...

http://www.clanmoran.net/celestia/Apollo/

Regards,
Buggs

Tx buggs! Apollo is not for right now, but I'll PM you for sure when I'll start it... :D

PS: Nice shots! don't know if I will be able to model an entire engine... but... :wink:

Don. Edwards
With us: 22 years

Post #24by Don. Edwards » 04.06.2006, 06:26

Daniel,

I am at this moment working all twelve of the BlueMarble NextGen textures. You have to keep in mind that there are twelve of them. It normaly takes me about 2 months to work on a single 16k Earth texture. I have done five of the twelve already , and that in the span of just a couple of weeks and working on a few other things on hte side. Just hang in there.

Yes things have slowed down a little but that is how things go.

Don. Edwards
I am officially a retired member.
I might answer a PM or a post if its relevant to something.

Ah, never say never!!
Past texture releases, Hmm let me think about it

Thanks for your understanding.

bh
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #25by bh » 04.06.2006, 15:46

danielj...I find your first post rude and offensive. Get off your butt and contribute or go away.

Just my half a pint!
regards...bh.

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #26by selden » 04.06.2006, 15:59

Daniel and bh,

As you both know, two of the Guidelines for this forum are that you be polite and that if you think that a posting has violated the guidelines that you should conatact a Moderator and not respond in public. Public displays of temper tantrums are not appropriate. Both of you are stepping over the line.

I'm locking this thread.
Selden

Return to “Celestia Users”