How can turn on the feature of Alternate “Gridâ€

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
georgiouk
With us: 19 years 2 months

How can turn on the feature of Alternate ?€?Grid?€

Post #1by georgiouk » 10.05.2006, 11:37

Hi to all celestians!
Sorry for the silly question :)
According to the user guide " To choose an Alternate Surface, right-click on the object. If an Alternate Surface is available (has been installed in your program files) it will appear in the menu that is displayed. Simply click on its name and Celestia will load and draw the Alternative texture. "

I am trying to turn on the feature of Alternate ?€?Grid?€

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #2by selden » 10.05.2006, 13:26

The OpenGL 2.0 render path does not handle AltSurfaces correctly. I don't know if that might be what's causing you problems. Does it work if you select the Basic render path? (Type Ctrl-V several times to step through the Render Paths available for your graphics card.)

Otherwise, you'll have to describe in detail what you've done. e.g. What Addon are you using to display Gridlines? Where did you put the image files? What's in the SSC file?
Selden

Topic author
georgiouk

Post #3by georgiouk » 11.05.2006, 13:17

Hi.
When I have selected the Basic render path what do I have to do next to turn on the feature of Alternate ?€?Grid?€

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #4by selden » 11.05.2006, 13:24

I don't know of any Alternate Grid that is a "feature" built into Celestia.

Grant Hutchison developed an Addon that provides grids as AltSurfaces for most of the planets and moons. Is that what you mean?
http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celest ... grids.html

In that case, once you've installed his Addon, you right-click on any planet and select the appropriate Alternate Surface entry. Details are in the file grids-readme.txt which is included in the Addon.
Selden

Topic author
georgiouk

Post #5by georgiouk » 11.05.2006, 13:54

Hi!
I am reffering to the Alternate Surface available for Earth the latitude and longitude grid that overlays a map of the equator, prime meridian, Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, etc. onto a modern image of the planet.

Thanks for all your help.

K.G.

Return to “Celestia Users”