You like old games....

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Rassilon
With us: 22 years 7 months

You like old games....

Post #1by Rassilon » 10.09.2002, 23:36

Check out this site...and pay special attention to the sci-fi section...There are alot of the oldies in there...One in particular I was addicted too was Starflight...

http://www.the-underdogs.org/
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Kurgen
With us: 22 years

Post #2by Kurgen » 12.09.2002, 13:09

Yep, Underdogs is (was) a great site. Unfortunately the owner had to discard hundreds of titles due to pressure from the software companies, but most very old games can still be acquired.

K2K.

Topic author
Rassilon

Post #3by Rassilon » 12.09.2002, 16:48

Your name is Kurgen and your from Scotland....hmmm hello highlander :mrgreen:
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Kurgen
With us: 22 years

Post #4by Kurgen » 12.09.2002, 17:17

LOL

Yeah, I know, kinda confusing... :)

I just thought the character "Kurgen" was quite cool, in a super-nasty sorta way.

K2K.

Stargazer_2098
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #5by Stargazer_2098 » 13.09.2002, 21:36

One game I recommend with all my hearth is Alessandro "Alex.tg/Fottifoh" Gignola's [url=members.designheaven.com/~44/noctis.html]Noctis IV[/url].
It is the gratest space-exploration simulator to date, and tough the graphics may not be so great as Celestia or Orbiter; the game itself is extremely addicting.

The sequel to Noctis IV, Noctis V: The Galactic Odyssey; will have way better graphics (up to the graphics of Orbiter and Celestia), many new features and an all revolutionery engine.
Noctis V is scheduled for release Epoc 6011:600; in Earth date, that's late 2002, somewhere in December.
With Noctis V, Celestia and Orbiter, freeware is about to change the space-simulator genre forever...

Edit:

I have written a simple FAQ about Noctis V and its many features.
If you have any questions about Noctis V, please copy and paste the following adress into the adress-bar to view it: http://starcon.bravepages.com/Noctis%20V%20FAQ.doc

You can also view the HTM-version of the FAQ here

All information in this FAQ has been approved by Alessandro (the creator of Noctis).

Stargazer.
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.
----
Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;
Visit Noctis
Visit Orbiter

Topic author
Rassilon

Post #6by Rassilon » 13.09.2002, 22:56

Aye yes Stargazer...Noctis is a favorite of mine....Though I dont see it on the underdogs!!! They should add it ;)

Stargazer_2098
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #7by Stargazer_2098 » 14.09.2002, 09:31

Rassilon wrote:Aye yes Stargazer...Noctis is a favorite of mine....Though I dont see it on the underdogs!!! They should add it ;)

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Noctis

:D

Stargazer.
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.

----

Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;

Visit Noctis

Visit Orbiter

Return to “Celestia Users”